[3/15]

~Chapter 3~

Something wretched this way comes

The quiet ticking of the clock in the hallway was the only thing breaking the impenetrable silence that fills your room. You had tossed and turned the whole night but you couldn't get the events from a few nights before out of your head.

Larry had just laughed off what the boy said telling him 'You're just being paranoid, dude' the two of you had thought it was ridiculous in the moment but now that you were back in your apartment you had that strange feeling again, like they were watching again, maybe this Sally Face was right.

Shaking your head, you sit up in your bed, 'no that's stupid just like dad said nothing happens in Nockfell so how could this place be haunted?' Letting out a shaky sigh you pull yourself out of bed, staggering your way through the dark apartment and towards the kitchen. Leaning against the counter you glance around the barely lit space, nearly empty boxes still covered the space making it hard not to trip over something.

Now with a fresh glass of water, you turn, intending to make you way back to your room but someone or something stood in your path. The glass shatters at your feet as you stare in shock at the ghostly figure standing in your living room, she smiles at you though your gaze was too focused on the large slit covering her throat to notice. A loud thump sounds through the apartment as your body joins the shattered glass on the floor.

~~~

Knock

Knock

Knock

You knock on a familiar basement door, you hoped to god Larry was there but you couldn't hear any sounds from inside, not a good sign. Your body ached from the cuts and bruises covering your torso and as much as your father told you that you needed rest you couldn't sit still the fear rising to your throat whenever you were in your living room. You needed to talk to someone and your father wouldn't listen so you sought out the next best thing.

Silence followed your knock, you nearly knocked again before you heard loud coughing from the other side. Letting yourself in, you glance around the empty apartment, a loud hacking rings out from the farthest bedroom, you give a sympathetic look before slipping into Larry's room.

Immediately you notice that no sign of Larry being in here. Frowning you go to check somewhere else, only for the door on the other end of the room to open revealing the missing man himself and Sally Face.

Larry flinched back at your appearance, it was obvious that he hadn't expected you to be there waiting for them, "Hey (Name), Have fun sleeping in?" he teases recovering quickly from his shock as he tosses his hoodie into the corner before plopping himself down on his bed.

You simply roll your eyes, quickly writing down a response, 'For your information, I spent the morning in the hospital, but that's not important.' Larry raised an eyebrow as you turned the notebook around and began scribbling away. His gaze shifts to Sal, who simply shrugs at his friend before looking back at you. 'I think this place is haunted.'

The room stayed silent for several moments before Larry burst out laughing, "Don't tell me what he said last night got you to (Name)."

Sal turned his head to glare at the taller boy before looking back to you, "What makes you say that?" He questioned, though his tone seemed to ensue that he already knew.

Situating yourself on Larry's bed you begin writing up a summary of the night events, 'Late last night I went to go get a glass of water and when I turned around a ghost woman was standing in my living room. Her throat was slit open and she a large gash on her head.'

Larry and Sal stared at each other for several seconds before looking back at you, thick silence enveloped the three of you before Sal broke it, "What happened next? Did she say anything?"

You just shrug, scribbling down a response, 'No clue, I passed out after I saw her.'

Larry shakes his head out of disbelief, "Great, now there's two of you!" Frowning at Larry's outburst you look over at Sal who seems to be off in his own little world.

Sal quickly snaps out of it, lightly placing his hand on your arm as he looks between you and Larry, "I want you guys to meet Megan," he spoke quietly, his tone wasn't questioning, more demanding than anything. You stand from your place on Larry's bed and Sal's hand drops from your arm, the two of you make your way towards the door before looking back at Larry.

Larry looks between you both for a second, "Shit, you weren't kidding, were you?" Sal simply shakes his head and Larry sighs, standing from his spot on the bed, "Fine but I can't play ghost hunter for long, I have to keep an eye on my mom." Sal nods and the three of you exit his room, "I've got to give my mom her medicine real quick, I'll meet you guys up there." you both nod, before you and Sal separate from Larry and make your way up to the fifth floor.