8. Heartbeat

[Vote and Comment if you're happy the month hiatus is OVER]

Chapter 8 - Heartbeat

This I Promise You - N-Synch

Spencer's POV

I could hear light snoring.

And for once I didn't get annoyed.

I just breathed in, closed my eyes and relaxed into the fold of Ethan's arm. That arm was supporting my head while the other was wrapped ever so gingerly around my waistline.

His chin would rub every once in a while against the top of my head; making me growl in irritation but I ignored it.

The sun started poking through the barley closed blinds in Ethan's silent room after another eventful night of tomfoolery, fighting, kissing, more fighting and more kissing.

It had been a couple of days since we got together; meaning a couple of days since that night at the carnival and things were going very good.

"Morning."

A small smiled etched its shape onto my lips at the sound of his groggy voice, "How did you know I wasn't sleeping?" I asked, since my face was buried into his arm and his head was higher than mine.

"I know how you breathe when you sleep."

"That's kind of creepy." I muttered.

He responded with a growl and a harsh tug that brought my face parallel to his. I rolled over so we could face one another. His cloudy eyes, still overtaken by sleep gazed into mines and I felt so many emotions. Happiness, Peace, Possible love but most of all...Comfort.

"You're thinking."

I blinked my way out of my thoughts and refocused on him and answered with a simple nod of my head.

He raised both his eyebrows, "About...?"

I shrugged, "Just us. How are we just noticing we liked one another?"

"I guess me being stupid and you being in denial kind of clouded things."

I agreed with the stupid part, "Who said I was in denial?"

"Dude, I had to convince you to just go on a date with me because you were afraid you would feel something."

"I never said any of that."

He shrugged, "You didn't have to, I know you."

I gave him one longer look before sitting up in the bed, making sure to keep the covers tied securely around my waist. Ethan followed me and sat up right beside me. I couldn't help but scan the floor of his room.

Russo was basically lying on top of Jake in the corner near Ethan's closet and Jake's hand was tightly secured around him.

Ethan snickered, "Five bucks they're next."

"I would make that bet but Jake's too cookie crazy and Lee's too..."

"Asian?"

I rolled my eyes and started to come off of the bed but Ethan's hand latched under my arm and pulled me back to him.

"Ethan." I warned and he grumbled in defiance.

"It's Saturday, Spencer and its morning."

"That's kind of the point of getting up."

He shook his head and buried it into my shoulder blade, "We're teenagers, morning means sleep. Cuddle with me."

I rolled my eyes, "Go back to sleep." I muttered and pushed him backwards on the bed.