Chapter 15

Keith had been taken to Oakland's station, he wasn't arrested though, the officer tried to get a statement or have him file charges against Chibs but he refused and was sent on his way. The first place he went was the hardware store then back to his hotel. Just as much as Tig was losing his already weak composure, the thin mask of normalcy Keith worse was cracking. He wanted Amelia, for no other reason than because they were trying to keep her from him. Satisfied that he had everything he needed Keith slipped in his rental and headed back into Charming. He was getting his girl, he had no doubt in his mind.

"You look great," Juice said as he sneaked in her room. Amelia was sitting up just waiting for someone to come in and get her. She wasn't leaving the room alone, she was shaken to say the least. "Really, you do."

"I look like a raccoon, right?"

"Well, a little bit."

"Take me home, please. I just want to shower and get something to eat." Hooking his arm under hers he walked with her down the hallway. "Are you going with my dad?"

"No, I'm with you tonight."

"Really?" She couldn't hide her excitement, she needed some time with Juice, he made everything better. "Slumber party? You can braid my hair and we'll watch scary movies?"

"It's a date," he winked at her and nodded on down the hallway.

"I'm not a baby," she said to explain her wobbly steps. "The break throws me off balance."

"I don't think you're a baby, far from it." Rubbing the tip of his nose against her ear, he smiled a little seeing Jax and Tig still talking in the parking lot. He was filled with some kind of smug strength. Juice wasn't going to be shoved off so easily. "You're a tough bitch actually."

"Oh yeah?" She eyed him, a smile on her lips. "Must be the Trager blood."

"Must be," he mused. "Tara said you're good to go?"

"Yeah, she just wanted me to calm down a little bit. I'm good now." She groaned as they stepped outside, Tig pacing toward them quickly. "I thought he left?"

"He was supposed to."

"Oh baby, look at you." His hands ghosted over her nose as he looked at her injury, his expression showing her nothing but how terrible she looked. "We're going to find him, I swear."

"Find him?" Instantly she panicked again, her eyes darting between Tig and Juice. "I thought you had him? Chibs had him when we left!"

"Hey now," Juice tightened his grip on her and looked her straight in the eye. "Oakland PD came around, he used them to give Chibs the slip. It's okay, you're fine, I promise."

Tig, for one quick second, felt himself soften as he watched the way they spoke to each other. The look in her eyes as she stared at Juice was one Tig wasn't sure he'd ever seen. "I'll find him." Tig said quickly. "Get her back and do your techno, nerd shit." His words were coarse and Amelia scowled at her father.

"Be nice."

"When his hands are off you, maybe, but I don't like this," his waggled his finger at them. "Just keep her in one piece." Tig gingerly kissed Amelia's forehead but his cold stare was still on Juice. He didn't know why he hated it so much, Juice wasn't a bad guy maybe soft and a bit of a goof in the guys' eyes but even Tig could admit he was better than anyone else she'd been involved with.

-----

While Amelia showered, Juice did what he did best and traced Keith from Denver to California and right to a shitty little motel outside town. That was, sadly, where the trail ended but it was more than enough to get the boys on their way.

"Yeah, I'm going to keep running his cards to see if anything new pops up but right now that's it."

"We're sending Sack over to you, just in case." Jax spoke as he watched Chibs and Tig huddled with one of the Niners Oakland PD contacts. It was the only way they could find out what exactly happened after they left, although they doubted anything the snitch knew would help.

The boys ended their conversation and Jax turned back to see Bobby had joined them and the contact was already leaving which meant he had nothing. "We have guns waiting, let Tig handle this. We need the bodies on this run, Clay wants us all there."

"Go," Tig said quickly. "Clay wants you, fine, I got this shit."

"You really think he can do this himself?" Chibs mumbled to Bobby. "He's coming apart, brother."

That was the issue. Tig always came apart when it came to his daughters; it was a risk for them all to have him off his game. "And next time?" Shaking his head Bobby knew he wouldn't get anywhere but at least he had support in Clay. Maybe he could talk some sense into Tig and get his head straight. "Look, I get it, she's his daughter and I'm all for this guy getting his but this is dangerous for all of us."

"What's going on?" Jax asked, shoving his phone away.

"Clay thinks I should go with the others, cover Opie's spot." Chibs was torn, he wanted to help but the run was important and he knew that. "I don't think he can do this, VP."

"Nah, he can't, but we need those guns on time." Jax stepped away again, he couldn't even get a word out before Clay started.

"Where is my club?"

"On the hunt, Amelia's ex came to town, smashed up her face. Tig's on the warpath, me and Chibs are with him, Juice is with Meels now."

Clay wanted to explode. This girl was nothing but trouble from day one and now he had to watch as half his guys ran to her aid for something he felt was completely her fault. "Find the guy and get back here!" He'd be damned if Tig spun out again like before, it was too bloody the first time for Clay to let it slide again. Jax shook his head, this was mixing up too much heat for his liking.

"Chibs, you go, I'm pulling Sack off Juice's so he can too. How bad can this guy be? I think me and Tig can handle it."

Tig was bouncing, eager to go, he didn't care who came or who didn't as long as he got bloody it was fine by him. "I'm going to kill him, I'll do it myself but I'm tired of waiting. Whoever wants to come, let's go."

With a hard slap to his back Chibs watched Jax and Tig leave and head on their way to the motel Juice said Keith had checked into. It was their first stop and if they were lucky, which they really never were, he'd be there sleeping. A quick kill and Tig could be content and know Amelia was safe.

When Amelia came down into Juice's living room, her wet hair piled up on top of her head, Keith feel this stomach churn. She was his wife and he had to watch her slink around Juice's, obviously smitten with him. He didn't think he'd get so close but once the skinny blond left Keith knew he had a better shot. Satisfied that he now knew where she was and had a basic idea of the house's layout, Keith clambered back over the fence and left. He had to wait until the sun had set to actually make his move and from what Amelia had told him he was damn sure her dad was already out looking for him. Simply hunkering down right there and watching wasn't an option, he scampered away from the house to wait somewhere else. He couldn't risk them finding him before he got his hands on Amelia again.