Chapter 19

"Shit!" Juice fell back onto the floor, his skull thumping against the hardwood as Amelia swung open the bedroom door.

Sliding back in her slippers she stifled a laugh and watched as he stared up at her, a pained look on his face. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you were there."

"I was there all night and you need to stop apologizing for shit that isn't your fault." Popping up like some martial arts expert he grinned and extended his arms out to the hallway. "Your dad's up, Chibs called to let me know. He's really worried about you, we should go."

Amelia slammed the door in his face to quickly changed, she had to see him and try to explain why she felt she needed to leave. "You better get ready if you're not now, I'm not waiting, JC."

He grinned when she said it; it was a sign of her softening toward him. There was nothing she could do to confuse poor Juice anymore than he already had and she wasn't even trying. "I'm ready," he laughed as he listened to her hurrying around the room. "I'm always ready."

When Amelia flew into Tig's room Clay was leaning in the corner and the two of them were speaking low. She didn't catch anything in her haste to see her father but Juice did. He looked suspiciously at Clay and nodded his greeting. "I'm gonna grab a coffee, you want to come?" It was as polite and reverent as it could be but Clay still hated it.

"Yeah, why don't you guys let us talk?" Tig asked with less grace than Juice, both men nodded and did as they were asked, although Clay was pissed at the interruption.

"Dad, I am so sorry," Amelia buried her face in his shoulder. "This is totally my fault, I led him here."

Tig chuckled, a low groan coming after each little laugh. "Remind me to buy Juice a beer, he did a good job." Tig reached up and touched Amelia's hair. "This isn't on you. That guy was a goddamn lunatic and I'm glad it was me and not you."

Amelia shook her head, it was that kind of talk that she hated more than anything. "I'm leaving."

"No." Tig tried to sit up but the instant shock of pain from his abdomen sent him right back down. "Meels, don't go. You can't keep running from shit."

Drawing her head back from him, she pulled a face. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You said you wanted to come home, fix shit with everyone and have a life here but you're skipping out, again. All we want is the best for you maybe if you listened and stayed last time none of us would be in this mess."

He spoke passionately and Amelia could see it hurt and weakened him but he didn't let up. "Jesus, Dad."

"What? Am I being an asshole? Good, maybe that's what you need. You don't stay now, not even the ones that know about last time will welcome you if you come back again and you will, we both know that."

Sitting back Amelia tensed, her hands folded in her lap as she thought over what he said. "Yeah, well I don't think there's much I can do to recover from this. I almost got you killed and Juice's bike is practically destroyed."

"His bike was a piece of shit anyway and I'm fine, needed a few weeks off. It'll be a nice vacation." Tig smiled trying to ease the awkward anger between them. Amelia didn't respond to it well and right then he'd do anything to keep her around. The more comfortable she got the better she'd respond to such harsh criticism but until then, he had to be gentle. "Besides I'll need someone to take care of me, cook and clean."

Amelia laughed and shook her head, it sounded like their life before the rape. "Oh yeah? And what about Whiskers on your fridge? Can't she help?" The sudden shift in him was palpable. Amelia swallowed, suddenly afraid as he shook his head with a dark look. "Sorry."