8 - Fly Away

Elle's POV

The screen goes black; Vanessa says that I was defending myself because he had still kidnapped me. But Marisol's lawyer was still stuck on me killing a man. And I didn't know how to feel quite honestly,

The judge got the courtroom quiet, "Sorry Mr. Dodge but Ms. Grey has standing ground. Elle Simmons won't be arrested for defending herself even if the kidnapper was trying to save her. In the end he still kidnapped her."

Vanessa sighed in relief, fist pumping the air. After giggling a bit at her little victory. I leaned into here ear. "I need to get on the stand for a confession,"

And once I have the chance I waddle back over to the stand, "I have a confession," I whisper to the Judge, "A confession of what kind?" She asks and I answered once I was on the stand.

"I have a confession of the physical abuse of Marisol Hall, the attempted rape of Elliot Hall, and-

Sandra appears from the doors and walks down the aisle next to Elliot. "The assault of Sandra Hall." I called and as if on command the courtroom got loud. I didn't mention Alex because even though he never hurt me physically, my revenge for him was more....personal. Looking over at Alex he had a confused yet blank stare, I saw Romeo enter silently and sat by the door undetected.

I couldn't be happier Sandra was here finally, to witness her Mom and Dad go to jail, and her get humiliated in the process. I'm sure the judge wouldn't be able to do anything since our trial hasn't started but at least she would feel humiliated.

This was the end of the line, the final battle. My divine move that will set this family to ashes.

"Alex I tried telling you and you didn't believe me," I stand removing my light scarf to show my arm, and then I pulled up pictures of the grenade under my breast. I handed it to the Judge.

"Marisol shot me the day before my wedding to Alex, she called me down and I was bagged and sent to a run-down hotel. There she threatens me and Jude here, my spinal cord never quiet healed the same when she shot me, I crashed into a dresser.

I've many procedures over the last year. And then there was the close called rape with Elliot..."

"Mr. Hall you wanted to see me?" I asked politely stepping inside of Elliot's office; he was Alex's step-father. He was a polite man unlike his wife, but he loved her dearly.

"Come sit Elle..." Gladly sitting into his study I took a seat, across him and his desk. He was smiling at me, "Sir," He waves at me, "Call me Elliot dear we're practically family." He stands up coming around the desk and I, placing his hands on my shoulders. He leans closely to my ear lobe, "Alexander is a lucky man to have found a jewel like you," Feeling rather uncomfortable I stand to my feet and twirl around facing his sly smile. "Sir I don't understand what business are we to attend here?" I asked trying to calm my racing heart.

"I just want to see your beauty in the purest form," He pushes the chair aside and traps me against the desk. I nearly gagged at the scent of whiskey on his breath, so called liquid courage. "You're making a big mistake," I push him away before he comes up with a striking hand that never touches me. Holding his wrist I bring my fist forward and punch his lights out. He topples over the chairs before holding his jaw.

"You bitch!" He comes forward with a death like stare, "You should know I was trained in many ancient arts of fighting so be aware when I say. This right here ain't what you want."

He was quick I give him that when he launches a book at me, hitting near my eye I bend down after the impact. I wasn't fast enough when he pushes me across the desk and straddles me. I trash my arms around trying to escape but nothing worked.