5 - Inner Peace

Elle's POV

Making my way from Alex he catches my wrist and on instinct I turn, grab his wrist, move around his body and bring his arm up, and shove him against the wall. "My cousin Vanessa is downstairs."

Vanessa Grey, Marisol's niece. She was the black sheep of the family, she had a drug issue growing up, until she went to college to study law. "Is she hear for the case?" He nods, "I called her, and we need all the help we can get. And I know you like her, trust her." Well Alex was right on that. I release him, even pat his arm. "Sorry, just give me a warning before you go touching me...okay?" He nods slowly holding out his hand.

"Okay." I take it, and we shake hands. "I'll let you get dressed...or whatever." He says giving me a small smile. I watch the door close before I sigh heavily, and change into a white shirt. I look around for my sweats and put those one, before making sure all scars are covered. When they are I head to the kitchen.

Romeo was scarfing down some pancakes. After being greeted by the chef's bright face she hands me a plate sacked of pancakes. Romeo had patted the empty spot next to him for me to sit down in the kitchen booth with the open window.

"Elle?" Looking up from my delicious plate I see a beauty of tanned skin, long brown hair, and sultry eyes that pierce your soul. She walks with a grace no woman can match. Arms open wide she engulfs me, "I missed you sweetie."

"Me too." I say hugging her back, "Who's sexy at three O'clock?" She whispers as we break apart and I wasn't sure what she meant until she glanced at Romeo still engrossed in his food. "Romeo meet Vanessa, Vanessa meet Romeo." I pull her back into my embrace to whisper. "I didn't come back to mend things with Alex, Romeo is my friend, and off limits. Don't test this pregnant woman." I command smiling at her as I slide in the booth next to Romeo.

After grabbing herself something to eat she sits as well. "So what's the plan for taking down my family one by one? And am I on that list?" I glanced at her shocked she didn't seem all that...I don't...worried...

"I just want Alex, Sandra, Elliot, and Marisol to pay for what they did to me. Alex for not believing in me, Sandra for poisoning me, Elliot for nearly raping me, and Marisol for causing the most pain. First I want to put Marisol and Elliot in jail, and take my time with Sandra and Alex. That's the plan, if you screw with me then you're on the list but I've always liked you, and related with you, so I have no beef with you Vanessa." She nods taking hold of her coffee and held it up. "That's good to hear, cheers to taking down my family!"

See... Relatable.

"I like her," Romeo speaks for the first time since I sat down and Vanessa winks at him before I glare at her. She gives me a knowing look before munching on some bacon. When she coughs, "Mend things with Alex."

I wanted to rip her throat out, did I need to remind her that I was carrying her nephew with my fists! Nodding quickly, "Just testing the limit." She whispers at me. Oh a false alarm.

"Hand me the syrup Romeo." He takes the syrup from Vanessa and hands it to me. She looked a bit shocked but masks it quickly, should've known better to mess with me and Romeo. But that's when she just smirks at me, message received. Romeo's loyalty won't waver. Ever.

Once Vanessa is eating peacefully Romeo and I exchange glances and smirk. His eyes told me he felt he could trust Vanessa in the future and I couldn't agree more. Yes, we have conversations with our eyes. It's our thing!

We snicker and slap five. I start with pouring syrup on my waffles and pancakes. I loved my breakfast food.

"Morning everyone," Alex cheered entering the kitchen who was also handed a plate. Vanessa scooted over to make room for Alex when he sat down. "How's the waffles?" Romeo asked munching on them,