Nightmare to Reality

I sit on the chair ledge as Ciel takes the main seat while we play a game of pool. Of course, with me unaware of what this game is, I opted out. We all hear a thud from outside the dark room. "I see you have vermin here as well, Lord Phantomhive." A man with glasses states.

"Speaking of which, how long do you intend to let the vermin run wild?" A chubby man eating a sandwich speaks up. "Oh he shall clean it up in time." Lau states next. "My nephew likes to take care of things in one blow. Are you going to pass again?" Madam Red speaks to both Ciel and the others.

"Pass, its my policy not to shoot if I know that I'll miss." Ciel replies smugly and I smirk a little. "Very well, but when will you handle the problem?" A man asks from a corner. "Anytime that you'd like. The rats will soon come for their forbidden cheese and I hold the key to the storehouse." Ciel responds as Azzurro takes his turn.

"Even so," Ciel continues as Azzurro misses. "Locating and eliminating will prove to be a tedious task, you should focus on preparing the reward." Sir Randall glares, "you vulture." Both mine and Ciel's gaze snaps over to the man. "Sir Randall, I suggest you be weary of smearing my family name."

Sir Randall grits his teeth, "you're in trouble now." I tilt my head at the childish remark. "What next Lord Phantomhive?" Ciel stands up with the help of his game piece. "I think its time to put an end to this worthless game, don't you think?" He looks up to me and I stare at the game with a bored but calculating look and nod.

Turning away, he speaks to Sir Randall. "How soon can you have my reward?" Ciel questions. "By tonight," the man responds stiffly as Ciel continues his walk to the table. "Then I'll send a carriage for you later," Ciel lifts himself up on the edge of the table. "Perhaps we can even prepare some entertainment for you. Does that sound good to you?" He readies his next move.

"You passed your turn twice and now you're after all of them?!" The chubby man exclaims. "Naturally." Sir Randall has his arms crossed, "careful or your greed will be your undoing." I smirk, as well as Ciel when he makes his move. Each one falls into a hole. The black ball being last.

"Am I undone?"

A while later, we all sit in the main room together. Lau, Ran-Mao, Madam Red, etc. Sebastian serves tea as I sit next to Ciel once again but this time, I watch as Sebastian explains the tea with little interest when I see Ciel's bored look. "I would never do such a thing to the young earl in his own home." I'm lost at the conversation but feel something growing in me when Lau touches Ciel.

"Are you implying you'd do it out of his home?! Watch it! You're treading on thin ice!" Madam Red yanks Ciel from his seat and I feel a small growl rumble in my throat. Sebastian seems to hear it and smirks as everyone else stays oblivious. I watch Ciel stand up, ignoring the bickering between Madam Red and Lau.

I stand up myself and walk over slowly to Sebastian and Ciel as they share a small conversation. "Come on Ria, you're the only one in this room not making me annoyed." Ciel offers and grabs my hand, tugging me behind him. We get to his study and he opens the door for me, allowing me to walk inside before.

"Finally away from those imbeciles." Ciel sighs in relief, leaning on the door before pishing himself off. "I don't know...it was a bit- Mmmph!" A cloth covers my mouth and I breath in some of the scent, I grab the person's hand and flip them over me. "Ri- Hm!" I see Ciel be grabbed from the corner of my eye and turn to them.

Ciel's eyes roll back in his head and I start to feel dizzy. "Grab her too!" The man holding onto Ciel orders his other comrades and I lunge at him, my nails stretching out to scratch his arm. "Ouch!" The man yells, dropping Ciel. I quickly grab Ciel but before I can move any farther, someone tackles me.