Chapter 20: Awakening

Upon arrival at the hospital, I was informed that Yusei's condition has remained stable overnight. It was the first time in three weeks that Yusei was alright.
Despite that, I walked into his room, sitting beside his bed as I had always done.
I held his hand gently, and to my surprise, he moved.
Following; his eyes opened. He looked over at me, smiling as wide as possible.
"Akiza..." he mouthed with slight weakness.
Tears were rolling down. "Yusei!" I gently embraced him. "You're finally awake.."
Director Hyuga walked in at the ironically at the uttermost perfect timing.
"Ah, Mr.Fudo, you're finally awake."
He nodded, weakly speaking. "Yes, how long have I been out?"
"About three weeks. Any longer and you would have lost a lot of motor and cognitive functions. So it's pretty much a miracle that you're awake now."
Yusei nodded. A few nurses came into the room to remove the life support systems  and added an IV saline drip along with a normal IV. Another nurse came in with a meal: Meatloaf, Scalloped Potatoes, and Green Beans with a glass of milk and a slice of vanilla cake. "Eat to your hearts content."
—————————
It was then said that Yusei would have to partake in a series of Physical therapy trials, so that he could regain his speech and motor functions better. What was good was that he was at least able to speak, but with weakness in his voice.
Thus, he had to stay in the hospital for an additional amount of time.
————-
That afternoon I was driving Ushio over to my parents.
"Mommy..?"
"Yes my sweet Ushio?"
"Why isn't daddy back yet?"
"He's just been very busy honey. He will be back soon, I promise."
"You promise..?"
"Yes. Daddy will be back before you know it."
As we turned into the driveway of my parents house, they were already outside to greet us. However, there also was an additional person there.
As I walked Ushio out, I walked closer to my parents to see Jaden.
"Jaden.. what are you doing here?"
"Hey Akiza. I came here to talk to you about Ushio."
"Ushio?"
She looked at us with confusion. "Why are you here Professor Yuki?"
"I just need to talk to your mom about how good you've been."
She smiled and her blue eyes twinkled. "Thank you!"
She hopped along inside and my parents waved me off, leaving Jaden and I outside.
"So... what is that you wanted to talk about?"
"Ushio... she has inherited your psychic powers."
"What?!"
"When she had a battle today with one of the other kids in the class, her attacks got really intense and she caused another student to be thrown against the wall and hurt."
"W-What should I do?"
"Well, one thing you can do is help her control her powers. Be there for her as much as you can. You might need to take your card back though so you can help her."
"I..understand.. thank you Jaden."
"Of course. Besides that little skirmish though, she's doing quite well."
"That's always great to hear."

Jaden waved as he turned and soon left. I had a little bit of time before I went back to see Yusei, so I had went inside to the courtyard portion of the house and got Ushio.
"Why are we out here mommy?"
"Would you like to duel with me, Ushio?"
"Yes!"
"All I ask for is one thing."
"Yes?"
"Can I please have Black Rose Dragon back for a moment? I have another synchro Card I can give you."
"Alright."
She handed me Black Rose Dragon and I handed her Queen of Thorns.

Queen of Thorns: A Light attribute, plant type synchro monster

Queen of Thorns: A Light attribute, plant type synchro monster. ATK 2200 DEF 1800
Each player must pay 1000 LP to normal or Special summon a non-Plant type monster from their hand.

Ushio looked at me with wide eyes. "Mommy..."
She knew this was my other trusted card.
"Thank you."
We shuffled our decks and looked at one another with smiles.
"Sure you want to duel?"
"Yes! I also have a lot of new monsters that I want to share with you! I hope you like them!"

"READY?! DUEL!"

Ushio's turn.
"I draw!"
In her hand: Wonder Balloons, Water Spirit, Neo Flamvell Shaman, and Crimson Ninja.
"From my hand, I activate a spell!"
Ushio used Wonder Balloons.

Wonder Balloons, a continuous spell card

:Once per turn you can send any number of cards from your hand to the GY. Place 1 balloon counter on this card for each card sent to the GY. All monsters your opponent controls lose 300 ATK for each Balloon Counter on this card.
She sent two of her cards to the graveyard, putting 2 balloon counters on the card. Following, she did a monster summon.
"I summon... Neo Flamvell Shaman!"

Neo-Flamvell Shaman; A Fire type Pyro monster

Neo-Flamvell Shaman; A Fire type Pyro monster. ATK 1700 DEF 200
If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle while you have three of more "Flamvell" monsters in your graveyard, select one card in your opponent's graveyard and remove it from play. If your opponent does not have any spellcards in their graveyard when this effect activates, inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

Ushio: 4000 LP
Akiza: 3500 LP

Event though the battle was just beginning I was both excited and worried though to see how my daughter would battle.
I was hoping for the best.