Chapter 3: Heart of the Cards

Following Jack and Yusei's battle, I had returned home to my parents' home. Yusei had called the next morning.
"Hello? I was wondering if I could speak to Akiza." My mom answered the phone. "You must be Yusei! She's told us a lot about you. Hold on for a moment and I'll put her on."
"Thank you."
I was in my room, reading a book about Pediatrics when she came in.
"Good morning, Mom!"
"Morning honey, say Yusei is on the phone. He asked if you were free."
I hopped up from my desk chair, happy to hear that Yusei called.
"Wonder if we are going to spend some time together?" I had thought to myself as I went down the stairs. "Where's dad?"
"He's at work, but he's excited you're home now!"
I picked up the phone then. "Hello!"
"Hey there Akiza."
"Yusei!"
"I was wondering if you were free tonight? I wanted to take you out on a date if that was alright with you?"
"Of course! That would be pretty nice! What time works best for you?"
"Hmm.. say around 6:30?"
"Sounds good to me!"
"Good, I'll see you then. Wear whatever you'd like."
"Bye Yusei."
"Bye Akiza."
After hanging up the phone, i jumped up and down; overcome with joy.
"Yes!"
My mother peered into the room, giggling.
"Looks like someone's happy!"
"I am! I get to go on a date with the man I love! I couldn't be happier!"
"Well that's good honey."
"I should probably wear something nice,'considering it's really my first date. What do you think I should wear mom?"
"Anything that's nice to you, but also nice to Yusei too. However, I'm sure he will find you beautiful, regardless."
I smiled softly. "I'm sure.. he will.."
————- A few hours later ———————-
It was around 4:45 now. I decided to start getting ready for my date now, so I wouldn't be late when he arrived here.
I decided to wear a short red dress, with a black throw to put around my arms. If the weather would be cold, I could always throw it on to wear. I then curled my hair a little bit and put on make up.
———————
Sooner or later, it was time. There was a knock on my door, and my father answered it.
"Yusei! It's been a long time! How have you been?"
"Good sir."
"Please, come in! Make yourself at home."
Yusei walked in wearing a suit.
He's here!
I walked downstairs in my attire, and Yusei's blue eyes went wide in awe. "Akiza...y-you..
Look.. beautiful.."
I blushed, smiling with a giggle. "Thank you, Yusei. You look quite handsome yourself too! I mean.. you always are anyways."
He blushed with a smile. "You always know how to get me to smile."
He rose from the chair after talking with my parents. "Well, shall we? I have lots of exciting things planned!" He smiled, extending his arm.
"Let's go." I interlocked my hand in his.
"Take care of Akiza, Yusei."
"Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to her."
Yusei took me outside and lead me over to his duel runner. He handed me a black helmet with red roses on it and a small decal of stardust dragon on it. His had a small decal of black rose dragon on it.
"Yusei.. you have black rose dragon on your helmet."
"Well, I did put stardust dragon on yours."  He smiled, hopping on the duel runner. "Get on, but be careful."
I hopped on the duel runner behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. We took off towards the city.
"Where are we going?"
"You'll see!"
Yusei arrived at a restaurant in town, a sushi bar and hibachi.
"Yusei.. this is.."
"The restaurant you had wanted to go to when we were on team 5ds?"
"Y-Yes!"
"Well, I'm finally going to take you there." He smiled, helping me off of the duel runner.
We walked into the restaurant, and not too many people were there. However, that didn't stop us.
The waiter lead us to a booth with a hibachi grill in front of it. "What drinks would you guys like?"
"I'll have a black cherry soda." I smiled. "Thank you."
"I'll have a cola, thanks." Yusei smiled.
"Certainly. Now would either of you like any of our sushi house specialties?"
Yusei looked over at me with a grin, knowing how much I enjoyed sushi.
"I'll order the Maki house specialty roll."
"Certainly, now hibachi?"
Yusei closed his menu. "I'll take the chicken hibachi please."
"Excellent, the hibachi chef will be right out and your sushi will be out soon."
The waiter left and then soon brought out our drinks with a salad and clear soup.
  While we were waiting for the hibachi chef, Yusei and I took advantage of this time to get to catch up.
"So, Akiza.. after you left New Domino City, what did you do?"
" I went to medical school and became
A doctor. I had a dream ever since I was a little girl to save lives. Although I know I can't save everyone, I want to try and not only save, but help who I can as well. And from that, I found medicine was my calling. What about you, Yusei?"
"I just kept on doing mechanics. I had a knack for it when we were younger, so I kept teaching myself what I could, but also got others to teach me things. It really helps, especially for duel runners." He smiled, brining his hand over to hold mine.
"I've missed you, though. None the less."
"I missed you too. I'm so glad.. that we're.. together."
"'Me too."
"You know, Yusei.. have I ever told you why I feel the way I do about you?"
"No, but I'd love to hear it."
"You're brave, you're such a sweet man, you fight for and care for others. You have a big heart, you're attractive inside and out. Everything about you.. I love."
Yusei looked shocked for a moment, but then he smiled wide. "Akiza.."
The hibachi chef soon came over to the table and made Yusei's order. We both ate, the bill was paid, and we left the restaurant, going somewhere else.

The sky was absolutely clear, not a single cloud around. The moon was full, and Yusei brought me up to a scenic view of the city.
"Yusei... it's so beautiful out here.."
"It is, but I'm looking at all the beauty right now..." my eyes went wide. "Akiza.. if I could honestly tell you a million words of how I feel for you, I would probably be going way over one million. You're beautiful, you have a big heart. You want to help and save people. You're an amazing girl, and I want to be a part of your world. I have million dreams... and you're in every single one of them. For the world that we're gonna make. Will you, go out with me?"
Tears fell down my face. "Yusei... of course I will!"
We hugged each other under the light of the moon, then Yusei lifted my chin up so that I was looking deep into his eyes.
"I love how your eyes always sparkle.... can I kiss you..?"
We slowly leaned towards one another and in an instant, our lips touched in a kiss.
My first.. kiss...
"Akiza..."
"Yusei.."
"I love you!"  We both said at the same time, blushing a dark red.
We both smiled, then laughing.
** I have a million dreams, a million thoughts. Everything, is of you. I want to be a part of your life, a part of your world. I want to grow old with you, I want to start a family with you. I want to get a home with you. I want to share thousands of memories with you. My heart is yours, it only beats for you. You are, my everything. My shooting star.. in this dark world. You gave my world light again. I love you...**