Chapter 15: Expect the Unexpected

A couple months down the line, I was working in the hospital in the Neonatal intensive care unit. (NICU). I felt oddly sick today, but I let it past me for I needed to care for patients.
"Doctor Fudo, you have a phone call.."  a nurse came in the room, looking for me. "It's your husband."
"Why is Yusei calling me in the middle of the day?"
I thought as I picked up the phone line that Yusei was on.
"Hello, Yusei!"
"Akiza, hey. There's something you might want to know. You know how you said you haven't been feeling well this morning?"
"Yes?"
"Well... the doctor called."
"Yes...and?"
"...well... Akiza... were gonna be parents."
I swear for a second my heart simply stopped. "W-What...?"
"we're going have a child..."
A dark blush spread across my cheeks. "Alright, I'll talk to you when I get home, okay?"
"Alright, love you Akiza."
"I love you too, Yusei"
Hanging up the phone, I had checked up on the baby's in the NICU, and left to go talk to Dr. Ryoku.
I walked into her office, blushing.
"Dr. Izinski? What brings you in here?"
"Yusei called me, and told me the news.."
Her face lit up. "Are you...?"
"I think so, can you run a blood test from me to make sure?"
"Certainly. Let's go to the lab."
———————
"I'll let you know what of your results tomorrow."
Driving home from the hospital, I was deep in thought.
Are we ready for a child yet, Yusei?
Do you think we can handle this..?
What would we name them? Who's gonna take care of him or her when we have the child and we work?
Driving into the driveway, I drew in a breath, and after a long day of holding it in, I finally threw up.
"Akiza!"
"I-I'm fine Yusei, just morning sickness..." I blushed, getting up.
"Akiza, you need to be careful. Be easy on yourself."
"I know, Yusei. But let's go inside, we do need to talk about some stuff."
"Of course"
————
"So what are we going to do?"
"Well, I want a child."
"I know, Yusei. I do too. But do you think we're finally ready for this?"
"We have plenty of room. And I know you'll be a great mom."
"And you'll be a great father."
"What do you think we should name them?"
"Ushio if it's a girl, Kaien if it's a boy?"
"Those would perfect."
Walking up the stairs, hand in hand with Yusei, we took a small box and put a few things in it that we believed would be important in the future.
"Once our child is old enough to understand some of these things, I want them to have some important things to keep."
"I agree."
——————
—dream———
I was falling, nothing but empty black around me. I watched as I saw Yusei and our child fading away from me. I came face to face with a dark dragon.
Black Rose Dragon?
Someone cloaked in shadows with a pyramid like charm on their necklace appeared. "Remember, your destiny."
Yugi..?
I kept falling, farther and farther. Unsure of what this dream was telling me. It almost seemed as if I was dying, but I could tell in my heart that I wasn't.
My eyes flashed open. I'm alive.
That dream.. what is it telling me..?
I stayed awake, lying up and looking at the ceiling for the rest of the night.

Future dreams and future goals,
Are some of many that I hope to accomplish with you.
Someday, we'll have a place to call our own.
We'll be able to spend time with one another everyday.
We can dream for the future. We can await what will be. Our destiny, fate as some may call it.
It intertwines, bringing our hearts closer together.