Chapter 2: Confession/ Reunion of old friends

I stood there, embracing Yusei in my arms.
"Akiza.. I have loved you for so long. I never told a soul.."
He ran his hands gently through my hair, not letting me go.
"I don't ever want to let you go again..."
"Yusei..." More tears fell from my eyes. The words I never thought that I'd hear.
Then...
"YUSEI old pal!" We both turned round to see Jack walking in the airport.
"Jack? I thought you left!"
"Well, I've been training while I was gone, and when I heard Akiza was returning to New Domino City, id thought that maybe I could come back to not only reclaim my title as King of Games, but also to tell the person of my dreams that I love her."
"Who would that be, Jack?"
"Why, Yusei... it's Carly."
"The reporter?!" He and I said in unison. "Yes. She's simply beautiful. She has a great sense of humor, AND she's loved me for a long time. I hope she still does.."
"I'm sure she will, Jack. You're a good guy! After all, Akiza and I... have felt the same way about one another after all these years."
"It's about time Yusei! I was wondering when you'd tell her how ya feel too! Anyways, how about a turbo duel for old times sake at the arena?"
"Let's rev it up!"
———————————————————————————
At the Arena...
—————————————————-
Yusei fired up his duel runner, and Jack did with his. I stood back from a distance, watching the two of them begin the duel.
"You ready Yusei?" Jack grinned, looking over. "Ready as I'll ever be. You ready, Jack?" Yusei looked back, his dueling gear ready.
"Yeah."
"DUEL!"
"My turn! I summon Dark Resonator in Attack mode!"

" "DUEL!" "My turn! I summon Dark Resonator in Attack mode!"

Dark Resonator: ATK: 1300/ DEF: 300. A fiend/ tuner monster
"The first time this card would be destroyed in battle... each turn it is not destroyed."

Jack placed an additional three cards on his field face down. "Your turn, Yusei!"
"Let's rev it up! I draw... speed warrior in attack mode!"

 speed warrior in attack mode!"

Speed Warrior: ATK 900/ DEF 400.
"Once per battle, if this card was normal summoned this turn(except during the damage step); you can make its ATK become double its original until the end of the battle phase..."

"Let's battle! Since Speed Warrior's attack points double during the 1st battle phase, his attack points are currently 1800! Speed Warrior! Attack Dark Resonator!"
"Not so fast! I play the trap, Half or nothing! It negates your Speed Warrior's effect, and reduces its attack points back to its original!"