Chapter 10

"Liz," I glanced at my very drunk best friend " I just want you to know," she pointed her finger towards me "I just love you. So much. Like, I just love you." I laughed and patted her head.

"Love you too. Now I think you should get some rest before we get home." She giggled and nodded her head drastically up and down.

"Kay Lizzy pie." She rested her head and fell asleep within seconds. The only sounds that could be heard were her soft snores and the cars engine. I kept a firm grip on the steering wheel and my eyes on the road. I wasn't much of a driver during the day so driving at night kind of scared me. I pulled into Laurens familiar driveway and stopped the car. I looked over and saw her snuggled up in a ball. Quietly I stepped out of the car and made my way over to her side, opening the door trying to stay quiet.

Gently I poked her in the side. "Lauren." I whispered. She shuffled around letting her feet fall the floor of the car.

"Lauren." I said a little louder. Her eyes fluttered open, a smile frown on her face.

"L-Liz. I don't feel good." She whined.

"I know honey. Let's go get you into some warm clothes." She nodded her head and I helped her out of the car.

As soon as she was up she bent over and puked. I jumped back surprised then went back over and held her hair. At least that's what you’re supposed to do right. I mean normally they're supposed to be puking in a toilet and not the sidewalk but you’re supposed to hold their hair.. 

When she was done she stood straight up and wiped her mouth. Dreadfully I put my arm around her and lead her to the front door. Opening it quietly.

"Now, let’s get you cleaned up." With my arm still around her I walked her over to her bathroom and sat her down on the toilet.

"Oh good Lord you’re a mess." She had some vomit in her hair and on her shirt, her hand..and some still on her face. I grabbed a washcloth and gently washed her off, gagging a little bit in between.

"Now brush your teeth while I go get you some fresh clothes."

"Why do I have to brush my teeth?" She whined. Sighing, I quickly put her hair into a messy bun.

"Because you'll thank me in the morning, when you don't have the taste of vomit on your tongue."

When Lauren was all prepared to go to bed, vomit free I laid her down and made sure she was comfy before I went into my own bed. 

I tried countless times to fall asleep but all I could think about was what happened at the party.

I looked around and noticed Dylan, who happened to notice me too. He made his way over and smiled. "Can I just say you look damn sexy." I laughed and pulled my hair to the side.

"You don't look so bad yourself." Lauren walked by, giggly and bubbly.

"HEY LIZ" She screamed waving her hand in my face, she looked over at Dylan and smiled.

"Hey Dylan!" She said more calmly. He looked at her and I noticed something different flash in his eyes. He didn't look at every girl that way. He most definitely did not look at me that way.

"Hey Lauren." He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled sweetly. I couldn't help but think how adorable it was. She walked off and I noticed his eyes following her. Finally he looked over.

"What?" I shook my head. "What?!" He asked. " You like her." I said matter-of-factly.

"No I don't."  He shrugged his shoulders and crossed his arms. " Dylan you may convince others you don't like her but I can tell. You like her." He took in a deep breath and unfolded his arms.

"Okay I like her. So what. I shouldn't be telling you this anyways." A big smile spread across my face. I wrapped my arms around him. 

"Ohhhh my God Dylan that's so cute. But wait, if you like my best friend why were you trying to get me?" I let go of him and gave him a stern look.

"Because all the guys want you. You may not know it but I really care how people see me. So if I got to say I landed you then I would get extra bonus points."  Now most people would be angry if they heard this. What did I do? I kissed him. He was surprised at first, and I didn't give him enough time to kiss back before I pulled away.

"There. That'll earn you bonus points. You can tell your guys I kissed you. They'll look at you like God. Then you tell them you didn't feel anything, and that you want to try going for her." I pointed at Lauren and he smiled. 

"Thanks Liz. Now I know why Connor likes you so mu-" He stopped abruptly.

"Wait what?"  I looked at him astonished. "O-oh. Uhm it's nothing. Thanks again. Ugh yeah. Keep in touch." Did he just say keep in touch? And did he say Connor likes me. Like he actually likes me. That's crazy and impossible.

Connor. Liking me? So is it possible that he didn't just like me for my looks. That he actually liked me? No. That's crazy.. well maybe... I'll find out from Dylan. 

Tomorrow is officially "Get all the details from Dylan" day.