Part 3: Heaven (Section I)

It had hurt. It had hurt a lot. But now, as her need to breathe seemed to fade, Ruby felt lighter and more pain-free than she ever had- especially in those last 2 days.

She felt herself be lifted up, it was dark around her, and then... there was light. She willed herself to go faster, and laughed in delight as she surged up, up, up into the bright, warm light. She... well, could she call it flying?

"Not exactly flying," boomed a rich male voice. "Perhaps floating is a better term."

Ruby whirled around, looking for the source of the voice. "Is this... am I in Heaven? Are you...," she paused. Then she looked upward. "God?" The word came out softly.

"I am the wind that stirs your hair, the grass your feet tread upon, I am the sun and the moon and the stars. Only those who have true faith guess first thing that I am God," the Voice said approvingly. "You are correct."

She could feel the power in His voice. It surrounded her. "I'm... Ruby."

"I know who you are Ruby," He chuckled. "Tell me, did you see fire as you rose up here?"

"No," she responded. "Darkness, yes. There was always warmth, but never flames."

"You came straight to Heaven, Ruby, because I saw your character, and I see that you are truly good. You belong here, and we welcome you."

At 'we', she could hear voices, singing, and they surrounded her in their beautiful song, melodious and joyful. She laughed again and closed her eyes, and after a long time they faded away.

"Come," he said kindly. "There are some things you need to see."

She was pulled down gently. This time there was no darkness, just light and white clouds. As she left the last layer, she could make out- what that Logan's house?

God materialized beside her, he had no exact features or a face, he was just a body of light. It was almost blinding to look at him.

"How... how long have I been gone?"

"2 days."

~~~~~~

Hahaha, cliff hanger.

Hate if ya wanna.

Get off my ass.

Storm