Part 1: The Community (Section III)

Those who had bullied her felt guilty.

They didn't really understand why they had originally thought to make her life miserable, she was there, not super special. The teachers didn't stop them, so... why stop? There was some sort of sick pleasure they got from seeing her crying and broken.

That was what they thought then.

Then she developed this uncanny athletic skill, she was a natural. It was shocking at such a young age the talent she displayed, and the fire that came out. She quickly rose to the top of her age group everywhere she played, and worked so hard.

Now, they had a reason.

They were jealous. Jealous of her skill.

They didn't admit that of course.

Then as they grew older, others were jealous of her beauty.

They didn't admit that either.

For awhile they we able to break her a bit everyday, but the more she played tennis the stronger she got. It unleashed something inside her they didn't understand, but slowly she began to hit back, and eventually her skin got thick enough that they couldn't really touch her anymore.

They all felt guilty, guilty that all they'd been in her life was someone to be wary of and guilty that they had been so mean, and now there was no way to make things right.