Chapter 7

I didn't go home last night, I spent my night at Kayla's I know as I stepped foot in that house questions would follow, that's why I've been sitting in the garage for about 30 minutes. I really don't want to go up but Luna would start crying if she hasn't seen or heard from me, it's a connection we've developed since she was in the womb when Kayla first told me I didn't believe her until I witness it for myself it's like she gets worried if she hasn't seen me.

I got out of my car and picked up the bag that contained toys I bought for both of my kids and shut the door. I pressed the button for the elevator to open I stepped in and pressed the button for the living room, once it stopped I put in the code each stop had a code.

The doors of the elevator opened and I saw Luna on the couch with her head down and Christen playing with his toys. As if she sensed my presence, Luna lifted her head and looked towards the elevator once she saw me a smile crept on her tear stained face and she took off towards me. 

"Daddy!!"

"Daddy!!"

I picked her up and placed kisses all over her face I missed my baby.

"Daddy where were you?"

"Daddy had some business to take care of"

"Did you finish?" I nodded. "Guess what daddy, mommy's home"

I frowned.

"And how do you know that?" I tapped her nose and she giggled.

"She is in the kitchen with Aunty Christina".

I suddenly felt excitement take over when I heard her laugh, she was really here I kissed Luna on the cheek and placed her on the ground.

"I'm going to get a shower"

"Can I come with you, daddy?"

I knew that was coming, she's not going to let me out of her sight. If you've noticed Christen and I aren't as close as Luna and I, which is Christina's fault the connection you're to build with your child in the womb I never got that with Christen because I didn't meet him until he was about eight or nine months old. That's how long I had to work to get Christina in my life. I Didn't witness my son enter the world.

After my shower, I grabbed a basketball shorts and a white t-shirt, I walked out of my closet to see Luna playing with the doll I bought.