Chapter 4

Lying in bed bumping The Black album, the second best Jay z album, magic was made on Allure. I was home alone my parents were at work and Tina was at her friend's house. I got off the bed to repeat track 13 as I pressed the previous button, my phone rung I checked the id it was Kayla we've been talking and hanging out for about 2 months now.

"What's up are you feeling better?" I asked as I pressed repeat on my radio.

"Yeah just a minor migraine, school is really killing me" I chuckled at that.

"You're being overdramatic it's just your first year of college".

"It's very hard, the hardest part is being able to stay awake during lectures" I laughed at that "no seriously you need like 8 cups of coffee a day to stay awake".

"Well when I get there next year I'll be the judge of that" I flung myself back on the bed to get even more comfortable.

"You're coming to my college?" I was considering it but Tina and I had planned to go to the same college since we were kids.

"I never said I was going to your college"

"I was just giving you hints"

"I'll think about it, anyways I've got something to give you when I come up this weekend" it was the sketch of her I was sketching that day with Tina.

"I can't wait to see it" she yawned.

"Kayla, are you yawning you know I hate when you call when you're tired"

"I only fell asleep twice" she defended.

"That's a lot of times" my phone beeped I knew who was calling but I wasn't in the mood to talk to talk to her.

"You really love that song huh? It's been playing on repeat since we been on the phone"

"Yeah that's my shit Jay z, my nigga, I fuck with his music"

"I like him too, please tell me your favorite album is Reasonable Doubt"

"Get the fuck out here you fuck with Jay too? Man, that album he did that" man a girl who fucks with the goat, Tina tolerates his music because of me.

"I love him, the Blueprints is his second best"

"Nah baby The Black album" I heard the front door open, I guess my mamas home.

"Seriously, come on The Black album is good but The Blueprint's better "

"How sway, Jay went hard on the Black album my man was determine to leave the game with a bang and he did"

"As I said the albums good but not better than the Blueprint"

"That's your opinion can't argue with that".

"Exactly, who put you on Jay, guys now of days don't listen to him?"

"My grandpa did he said if you're not learning anything from the person you're listening to there is no point in listening to them".

"I like your grandpa he sounds smart, Jay does teach you a lot and that's why I love his music".

"Have you ever been to his concert?"

"Can't afford it remember, you?" shit I keep forgetting she was broke.

"Yeah I've been to plenty with my grandpa, did I mention he's his biggest fan"

"Your grandpa sounds fun"

"Jared go to bed now I'm not waking you up in the morning!" I heard my mom yelled I ignored her because she always says this.