5

"Oh my gosh, Freddy

"Oh my gosh, Freddy. No way," Riley said as she let out a loud laugh. "I'm serious! I got detention for like a week for it too!" Freddy exclaimed while holding the front door of the school open for the girl. Riley walked through and thanked the boy before they continued down the stairs and towards the spot where the others were waiting for them.

"You know, I shouldn't be surprised. Only you would 'mishear' the teacher and put the whole vial in when they said to only put a few drops," Riley said with a laugh. "At least tell me there was a big explosion." "It was huge," Freddy assured her before the two chuckled.

They came to a stop in front of the others and Darla immediately ran up to hug Riley. "Riley!" She exclaimed. Riley smiled and hugged the girl while Mary walked over. "How was your first day?" Mary asked. "It wasn't too bad actually. Thankfully I had pretty much all of my classes with Freddy here, so I wasn't alone," Riley told her.

"That's good. I'm glad it went okay," she said. Mary then looked around and furrowed her eyebrows together. "Where's Billy?" Riley frowned. "I don't know. He's kind of in a mood right now," the blonde admitted.

Freddy squeezed her shoulder as a sign of comfort and Riley sent him a small smile. Mary noticed this exchange and raised an eyebrow as she smirked at the two. Riley glared at the girl while Freddy blushed and quickly dropped his hand to his side.

"There he is!" Darla exclaimed and the group all turned to see Billy slowly making his way down the stairs and over to them. "Hey, how was it today?" Mary greeted only to have the boy walk right by her. "That good, huh?"

Billy continued to ignore her as they all started walking and Riley frowned before leaving Freddy's side to go over to her brother. She nudged her twin slightly and he glanced at her. She gave him a look and he looked back down.

Riley sighed and reached out to place a hand on his arm. "You okay?" She asked. Billy shrugged and the blonde let her hand drop back down to her side. Billy noticed that she looked a little defeated and was quick to lock arms with her, knowing that she liked it. Riley smiled at that and squeezed his arm as they all kept walking.

They were just about off the property when Riley saw a truck speeding towards them. Her mouth dropped open once she noticed the truck was heading towards Freddy and she yelled out, "Freddy, watch out!"

But it was too late. The truck hit Freddy from the side and the boy went hurtling towards the ground. Riley was quick to let go of her brother and she went to rush over to him, but Billy pulled her back once he saw the two older kids stepping out of the car.

"Oh my god, Freddy," Mary said as she bent down next to the boy. "You okay? You with me?" Freddy got to his feet and nodded his head. "Yes," he whispered as the two boys walked up.