Chapter 3 - A fun way of learning

Jake made his way to the elevator, and pressed button five. He felt the gentle jolt of the lift moving upward. The doors opened at floor 3, and two people got on. One had a white shirt on, and looked about 40 but looked like if you spoke to him, he would just punch you in the face. A man that looked about thirty one also got on, but he looked very friendly. Jake decided not to speak to any of them as he waited for the fifth floor. "So hows life Sir?" asked the younger adult as the elevator approached the fourth floor.

"Good actually, but Joshua, I've told you many times, just call me Jake" replied the adult.

"Hey, my name is Jake as well!" Jake just couldn't help himself. Despite this adult being much older than him, Jake still believed that he should be Jake , and everyone else should have a different name. Jake instantly regretted his decision to say this, as  the burly adult turned to him.

"Oh look skip, it's you're young look alike" said the younger adult called Joshua, as Jake backed into the corner of the lift.

"Shut up Josh!" the adult shouted.

"Please don't hurt me sir!" Jake was a strong kid and wasn't easily intimidated, but the adult Jake loomed over him like a giant.

"Kid, just keep the big mouth to yourself and we can both be Jake.

"A-a-alright s-sir" Jake stuttered, as the adult stepped back.

"Hey, your new here anyway!" pointed out Joshua.

"Yeah, that's right. What even is this place?" asked Jake. But the other two didn't even need to answer, because when the doors to floor five opened, the great big logo of the baby with wings and and a bow appeared, the last twenty-four hours just made sense.

"Welcome to CHERUB kid. This is where real kids are born."

***

The adult Jake lit a cigarette as he, Jake and Joshua all stumbled out of the lift. So many emotions were running through Jake, as he knew what this place was. This was where his parents and sibling's had come, trained and lived, and Jake had been left out. Jake now knew where he was.

Jake had been abandoned as a kid in the streets of London. A man called Jerry had taken him to his flat (one abandoned room in an abandoned flat block) and taught him everything he knew. Jerry taught Jake how to fight, and lots of other stuff that would come in handy once... 

Jerry died. It was a terribly upsetting day for Jake, as he was so attached to Jerry, he thought sometimes, he was like a godfather. But Jake had to learn that life is hard, and he would just have to take it. He struggled on for three more years until he turned eleven. That day was the one were CHERUB finally got him, despite his efforts fending of the attacker, who he later learnt was ex - CHERUB server Dave Moss.

"Hey Josh, come on over!" This was obviously shouted by one of Josh's friends, and so Jake was left standing next to the older Jake.

*AWKWARD SILENCE*

"Soo..." muttered Jake. "Where am i supposed to go?" asked Jake, to the adult. Adult Jake grunted.

"Just down the corridor and on the left. The door is marked: Zara Asker, leader and principal of CHERUB."

"Ok, thanks" replied Jake, and they both dispersed in opposite direction. Adult Jake shuffled toward the Cafeteria, and young Jake walked forwards, and made a left turn. He knocked on the door marked 'Zara Asker' and let himself in. 

"Oh hello Jake." He was greeted by a lady in her late fifties, and she was surrounded by four other kids that wore the identical orange shirt the Jake wore. "I was just explaining to our other friends here what a fun way of learning we have here at CHERUB."