finale

a/n. hey it's been a while! i suggest you reread the past chapters bc you might forget the story alr. happy reading!

❝ i can lend your broken parts
that might fit like this
and i will give you all my heart
so we can start it all over again ❞

- one direction, over again

-

"you know what? you aren't helping" sooji grabbed the brush from his hands. she groaned while trying to get the strands of hair off the hairbrush.

he let out chuckle, "well you asked me to braid your hair" he shrugged.

"and you call this a braid?" she hissed, pointing at her now tangled hair. she let out a grunt before pausing the tutorial video displayed on her phone.

sooji's reaction caused him to laugh and made him want to squish her cheeks. he ended up fixing her hair back into place with his fingers as a comb, "there you go, soo"

they both gave up and sooji just tied her hair into a messy bun then plopped onto the couch with her legs resting on his lap. she grabbed a box of her favorite macaroons and placed her phone on the center table.

five years had passed and the two are now in college. they are currently attending the same college and since their fall break has just started, they are just hanging around at sooji's house.

he reached for her phone. sooji didn't mind and just took a huge bite on her macaroon.

"i really look good in this picture, don't you think?" he asked, referring to their selca-which is taken on lotte world by the way-that is displayed on sooji's lockscreen.

sooji rolled her eyes, "oh man, you've been telling me that exact sentence everytime you see my wallpaper. im starting to hate you already. please stop" she said jokingly.

he gave her a death glare, "you wouldn't set this pic as your lockscreen for years if you hate me" sooji just grimaced in return, "you also think im handsome that's why you used it as your lockscreen, admit it already"

sooji placed a hand on her forehead and let out a heavy sigh, "oh god, what do i do with this idiot?"

he chuckled at her reaction, "can i see your itunes- woah, this is a lot of boy groups"

sooji just hummed in response and turned the television on. she scanned through the channels while he continued to rummage through her phone.

"you really listen to txt- wait hold up, why do you have treasure songs here?" he looked at her with widened eyes.

sooji got up from the couch and snatched her phone back, "please lower your voice, jihyun. sooho might hear you" she hushed him.

jihyun, being her bestfriend for years, immediately understood.

"you alright?" he asked. sooji let out a heavy sigh and slowly nodded.

jihyun held her chin and lifted her head up, "no, you're clearly not fine. i've been your friend long enough to know what 'fine' is and this isn't it"

sooji pushed his hand away, "i just miss him. that's all"

silence engulfed the living room. sooji looked the other way while fiddling with her fingers.

five years without haruto was a torture to her. haruto never mentioned anything about sooji since that night happened. no messages, no phone calls, no hi's, no hello's. it's as if the crowd and media forgot that hasooji happened, and it seemed like haruto did, too.