3.1

❝ what they say isn't important
at all, we're perfect just the
way we are ❞

— pentagon, beautiful

-

sooji sat on the dining table, waiting for her toast to pop up. her eyelids are getting heavy because she barely slept the night before.

“your name is all over my sns” said a voice from behind, jolting her awake.

she rolled her eyes, “i'll give you my sign some time, brother” she said and as if on cue, her toast popped up.

sooji's twin brother, who goes by the name sooho, took the seat beside her. “i don't like that haruto kid” he muttered.

she paused from chewing her crispy treat and locked eyes with sooho, “i never asked”

sooho got pissed at her response, “he's a well known guy, sooji. he has fans. his fans might hurt you” he said, trying to calm himself.

“i can deal with them myself, sooho” sooji stood up to prepare herself for school.

sooho stood up as well, “sooji, listen. haruto is an idol. he doesn't have his time in his hands. he would be busy 24/7. your little relationship won't work”

sooji faced her twin with an annoyed look, “for pete's sake, sooho. it's eight in the morning. will you stop?” she walked away, bumping his shoulder in the process.

she was about to enter her room to get her bag when sooho said something, “consider yourself warned, sis. don't ever cry to me when you two break up”

sooji entered the room and yelled, “he's still courting me!” and that thought made her smile like an idiot. she picked up her pink shoulder bag and phone, of course.

“whatever sooji. you still look like a guy” he teased, causing sooji to give him a death glare.

“you look like a girl” she fired back.

“no you look like a guy”

“you look gay”

“hey hey you two! why are you bickering at this early morning?” a beautiful woman walked down the stairs to stop the two.

“mom, sooho said i look like a guy” sooji pouted.

“aigoo, you two look the same. stop arguing” mrs. kang shook her head, tired of watching them fight for the thousandth time.

“sooji dear, bring haruto here again later”

“mom, i'm not seeing him today” sooji replied.

mrs. kang let out a sigh, “i want to see that beautiful boy”

sooho snorted, “mom, we have to go now or we'll be late for our first class”

“okay, be safe sweethearts”

sooji plugged her earphones in both of her ears as she walked through the hallways. unlike many other days, everyone's eyes are on her today. some are staring at her while gossiping to each other. but like the usual, sooji doesn't give a damn.

just so you know, sooho and sooji attend different schools.

she made her way to a vending machine near the cafeteria. still, she's receiving burning stares from the students around. but she shrugged it off and just get herself a snack.

their stares won't kill me, she said to herself.

she thought of buying a bottle of milk. she didn't got the chance to drink milk for breakfast because her beloved twin is bothering her.

just when she's about to insert her money, someone pulled her earphones. she looked up to see a girl that's an inch taller than she is.

remember that girl who suddenly hated sooji because she refused to write her a synopsis of the lessons? well that bitch is in front of her right now.

“sooji, is it true that your boyfriend is a trainee?” asked the bitch who's named eunchae.

“not just a trainee, but a yg trainee” said one of her minions.

“i heard that he's debuting as a member of yg's new boy group” said another minion.

sooji mentally rolled her eyes. this is what you get when you get close with watanabe haruto, she thought.

she raised an eyebrow at eunchae, “you want a yg trainee too? go get one yourself” sooji said before walking away, leaving the girls with their jaws dropped.

sooji's classes ended smoothly. she's listening to her lecturers and takes down notes unlike before. shocker.

she received her exam paper in maths and she got an a. she also got high marks in her quizzes today.

“sooho better see my maths grade” she giggled to herself while packing her things. she got up from her seat and left the classroom.

sooji clutched the straps of her shoulder bag as she walked through the school exit. her brows furrowed when she overheard a bunch of girls chatting.

“i saw him on vlive”

“yeah he's all over the sns”

“is he that yg trainee? sooji's boyfriend?”

“yes he's watanabe haruto”

“he's drop dead gorgeous, omg”

a tall guy was standing in front of the school gates. sooji paused on her tracks. no doubt, it's haruto.

what is he doing here? sooji asked herself.

sooji turned her heel, finding another exit. she chanted inside her head. i have to avoid haruto. i have to avoid haruto. i have to avoid haruto. i have to avoid haruto. i have to avoid haruto. i have to—

“kang sooji” a deep voice called.

she turned her head, only to see haruto walking towards her direction. she mentally facepalmed. too late, sooji. too late.

“why did you walked that way? are you avoiding me?” he asked.

sooji nervously smiled as she looked around, noticing that half of the students are there, watching the scene, “what? n-no! why would i avoid you?” she shakily replied.

“i'm walking you home” haruto said, causing the crowd to let out an aww.

sooji's cheeks are as red as a tomato. this guy really makes her go crazy.

“give me your bag” haruto said, but sooji is too dumbfounded to respond. “hey sooji give me your bag” he repeated, sooji snapped out of her trance.

“oh o-okay” sooji took her bag off her shoulder, handing it to haruto.

the people went uwu at that scene. seeing haruto willingly carry the pastel pink bag on his shoulder. especially when haruto offered her left arm, where sooji slung her hand over as they quietly walked home.

i'm going to keep this guy at all costs, sooji said to herself.

-

a/n. i changed my username into watanabae-

aND JEONGWOO MADE IT TO THE FINAL 7 WHICH MEANS MORE HAJEONGWOO MOMENTS IN THE FUTURE IM SO PROUD