I'll Be Waiting - {Shovel Knight x Blacksmith!Reader}

(Y/N) woke up, feeling quite refreshed after how much sleep she had gotten. She seemed to twirl around her room as she got ready to go to her job: blacksmithing. She pounded away at the red hot glowing metal, the clanging sounding throughout the forge. The hours went by, her hard work never stopping. Beads of sweat formed on her brow, and she wiped them away with the back of her hand. She decided upon taking a break before continuing. She went to the well to fetch some water, and drinking some of it. When she was done, she went back to the smithing shop. She then got back to work, sharpening a blade. The door opened with a small squeak, catching her attention for a moment. "I'll be right with you," she called, applying the finishing touch before running over to the guest. He wore light blue armor with a few scratches and dents in it. He was smiling at her, and she smiled back.

"How may I help you?" She asked, making him smile.

"I was curious if you could make a few tweaks to my armor?" He asked, making her think a little.

"I could do that, but only for a price of 6000 gold. How's that sound?" She looked at him, waiting for his answer. He nodded, taking out the amount of gold he needed and placing it on the counter. She took the money, and put it away before asking him to remove his armor. He complied, removing his helmet first. His features were handsome. His face had a few scars here and there, and his skin tone was tan. He had shoulder length brunette hair, and deep brown eyes. He had some bruises and scratches as well. She blushed slightly and took his armor as he handed it to her, and went to work.

{Time Skip}

"There! All finished," (Y/N) said, feeling proud because of the work she had done. She showed the armor to him, and he smiled softly at how well she had done.

"It looks just like when I first bought it. Your craftsmanship is extraordinary," Shovel Knight complimented.

"Th-thank you," the blacksmith replied, blushing a little at his words.

"I only state the truth, milady," he said, taking her hand and kissing the back of it. (Y/N) blushed quite a bit more, since no one really visited her shop much. She smiled shyly at the knight, making him chuckle at her bashful behavior. He finally retracted his hand and went to get his armor. She watched him as he put it back on, somewhat sad that he had to go. Once he had all of his armor back on, he turned to her and thanked her one last time for her work.

"It was no problem, really," she replied, blushing a little bit. He then bid her farewell, and she watched as his figure got smaller and smaller as he walked away. She wanted to ask if he would ever return, but felt a bit scared to do so. 'If I don't say anything now, I may never see him again...!' She then ran after him, calling his name.

"Shovel Knight!" The knight turned around to look at her, and was surprised to see her running to him. She skidded to a halt in front of him, panting slightly. Once she regained her composure, she spoke to him.

"Will you come back? Even just to visit?" She asked, blushing a bit. He blushed some himself, somewhat glad he had his armor on. He smiled at her question.

"Of course I will, milady," he said, lifting his helmet to kiss her hand again. She blushed even more when his lips made contact with the back of her hand, and he chuckled at her reddened face. She then smiled at him.

"I'll be waiting, then," she told him softly. He then let go of her hand, and said goodbye one last time before turning around and walking off. She watched as he went into the distance, his figure eventually disappearing. She sighed softly, smiling at the recent memory of him, and went back to the smithery ((I think that's what you call it? Correct me if I'm wrong)). She smiled gently, and whispered to herself.

"I'll be waiting..."

Finally done with this... I'm actually happy this turned out well. I feel like I did a good job. It took a couple of weeks, though. I update slowly, please keep that in mind. I'll have to edit some things later, but that's okay. I had to finish this to feel like I did something good with my time, lmao.