My Darling - {Tinker Knight x Mermaid!Reader}

Tinker Knight was working on a boat machine, tweaking the last few bolts and nuts here and there. "Just one more bolt to put in," he hummed to himself as he used his tools to finish his project. Once he was done, he had his minions help him bring it to the ocean, excited to test his new machine.

His minions put the machine in the water soon enough, his excitement never fading. He got on the boat machine, testing out the mechanics to see how well he did. As he tested things out one by one, he failed to notice that his boat was being surrounded by numerous infuriated sea creatures. The sea creatures started to attack the boat soon enough, destroying some of the machinery Tinker Knight had spent many sleepless nights designing.

"No! All my hard work!" Tinker Knight exclaimed in horror, watching as sharks, swordfish, and other dangerous marine life pierced and tore the wood of his boat. He seemed to realize the danger of the situation and started taking off his armor as fast as he could, but unfortunately, the boat had lost its buoyancy, and sank to the bottom of the ocean, Tinker Knight going with it. The last question he had asked himself as his consciousness faded was, 'Is this how I meet my end...?'

A beautiful mermaid happened to see the knight sinking to the bottom of the ocean along with an entire ship with various machines. She gasped in horror and swam over to the man who had already closed his eyes, ready to accept his fate. She tried to pull him up and out of the water, but his armor was much too heavy for her to lift. She started to remove it from his muscular but small body, letting the metal sink further into the ocean as she attempted to help him. Once she got all of the heavy armor off, she swam to the surface and pulled him toward land. After hauling him onto the sandy shore, she tried to help him cough up the water in his system. She stayed there, worried for the man's well being. As time passed, however, she continued to find herself admiring his features. His ginger hair, strong and muscular body, and his gentle facial expression.

"Please... Wake up..." The mermaid pleaded with a gentle voice, holding one of his gloved hands with her own. However, he only stirred slightly at this. She wanted to speak to him, wondering what he was doing in an ocean with such a dangerous sea witch. She also wanted to get to know him better, and to know what life on land felt like. She had so many questions, but the answers all seemed far away, even though they were technically right in front of her. She tried to rouse him from his slumber once more.

"Don't give up hope... The world needs you..." She encouraged, and this time, his eyes opened slightly before closing again. She smiled slightly, seeing as her words were working.

"Open your eyes..."

The male's eyes opened once again, and he started to cough up water, startling the mermaid some. She let go of his hand and ducked down into the water, afraid of the male's judgement. Once the man had regained his composure, he looked around, confused. How did he get here so quickly if he was just drowning in what felt like moments ago? Instead of looking for his armor, he started to look for the owner of the encouraging words and beautiful voice. When he looked in the water, he saw a pair of eyes staring back at him. The maiden slowly peeked above water, and looked up at Tinker Knight with a slight blush. His eyes were a deep blue, and his hair a fiery red. His beard was full and luscious, but not too long. His body was strong, yet small in size. Although he was short, his muscles showed that he was a hardworking man.

To Tinker Knight, the woman in front of him was absolutely stunning. Her (h/l) (h/c) hair and her
(e/c) eyes were enough to make him practically melt on the spot.

"I am grateful for your assistance. Is there anything I can do for you, my lady?" He spoke, looking at her with gentle eyes. The woman smiled slightly.

"Can I get your name?" She asked, and Tinker Knight smiled back in response. "Those who know me call me Tinker Knight," he said. It is a pleasure to meet you, lady...?" He waited for her response.

"(Y/n)," she introduced, slightly bowing to show respect. She smiled back at him. "I have many questions to ask of you," she said, looking up at him curiously.

As time passed, the time came for the two of them to part. "Wait!" She called, her hand reaching out for his gloved hand. The male turned around, his eyes meeting hers.

"W-will you come back...? I-I still have so many questions..." She asked, somewhat sad.

"Of course I will. I still have many machines to test, and you, my dear, are quite interesting if I do say so myself," Tinker Knight replied, a gentle smile adorning his features. This made the female blush a bit more. She smiled back happily.

"A-alright! Th-then, when can I expect to see you?" She asked, looking up at him.

"You can expect to see me at least twice a week," he answered, knowing that creating his machines took a lot of time.

"Then I will wait patiently. Fare thee well," the mermaid said, smiling at him as he got up and left.

For the next few months, things were going smoothly between the two. Tinker Knight would visit her almost every day during breaks, and sometimes even spend time with her at night, just laying on the beach and stargazing with her. He would talk about anything and everything with her, and she would talk about her own life. Over time, their bond grew stronger, to the point where they started to have feelings for each other. The only problem was, neither one of them knew how to confess.

Tinker Knight would often pace in circles in his clock tower, unable to come up with any designs for machines due to (Y/n) being on his mind constantly. He groaned in frustration. This was the sixteenth time today he had gotten distracted because of thinking of the mermaid. He decided that it was enough, and marched towards the beach.

The mermaid was carelessly daydreaming of Tinker Knight, when she heard him call for her. She immediately peeked over the water's surface, seeing him and smiling.

"Tinker Knight, how wonderful to see you aga—"

"(Y/n). Allow me to speak, please," Tinker Knight cut her off, surprising her. She hesitated before giving a nod, signaling for him to continue.

"Every day, I have grown closer and closer to you. But, the closer I get to you, the more I think about you. The more I think about you, less and less work gets done. But I don't mind at all... I want to be closer to you. I want you to be mine. Would you do me the honors of being my woman?"

At this point in time, (Y/n)'s face was extremely red. The mermaid smiled and blushed more at his question.

"Tinker Knight... O-of course I will...!" She wrapped her arms around him, giggling softly. The male blushed and slowly leaned in for a kiss, prompting (Y/n) to lean in as well. Their lips soon collided, dancing in sync and giving the mermaid the sensation of sea angels fluttering around in her stomach. She closed her eyes, enjoying the sensation. Tinker Knight soon pulled away and held her close.

"I will find a way to spend the rest of my life with you, I promise."

"You will? That would make me the happiest woman in the world...!"

"Anything for you, my darling."
________________________________________
This oneshot was requested by @Swiftandsweets24! Thanks very much, and I hope you liked it!