Chapter Five

"Rise and shine, bitch!"

Bright light glares through my closed eyelids. I groan and pull the blanket tightly over my head. Within a second, it is pulled off me. A hand nudges me in the back and I roll onto the other side of the bed.

"Get up, you lazy ass."

Ignoring her, I curl up, bringing my knees to my chest. I grab my pillow and press it into my face. But soon, like the blanket, my pillow is ripped away.

Rubbing my eyes, I sit up and try to adjust to the sudden change in lighting. When everything goes into focus, I find an eager looking friend sitting at the foot of the bed. I glare at her.

"Woah. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today."

"Maybe that's because someone pushed me to that wrong side."

This doesn't faze Anna. "It was required to wake you. Sorry, but I'm not gonna sing to you to wake you up like your damn alarm clock."

I shoot her a dirty look. "Why am I up so early? And why are you up early?"

Anna snorts. "Early? It's past noon!"

"It's the first day of summer, Anna! We're supposed to sleep the entire day!"

She pouts and narrows her eyes. "That seems boring. I've got a big, big, big, big, big, big, big day planned out for us!"

I want to laugh, but she just woke me up. I can't be happy with her. "I count six big's. That much stuff, huh?"

Anna beams brightly. "Yup!" With that, she stands up to smooth her skirt. Now I notice that she's all ready for the day ahead of us. She's wearing a simple blue tank top tucked into a waist high floral skirt. Her light brown hair curled as per usual, but it looks like one big curl, and it's pulled off to the side into a ponytail.

With much effort, I manage to push myself out of Anna's bed and into her bathroom. Even when I close the doors and turn on the shower, I can hear her singing outside. I wonder what's got her so excited.

Since Anna seems to be in such an eager mood, I decide it wouldn't go well if I want to spend extra time curling my hair or something. I braid it into a simple side braid and step out of the bathroom in a bathrobe. I'm halfway to Anna closet, when I become consciously aware of someone watching me.

My guess is confirmed when I turn around and see Eric lounging on Anna's bed, looking like a damn Greek god or something.

I clear my throat. "Where's Anna?"

"I think she's in the kitchen. I met her on the stairs and she told me to come up and check on you to make sure you didn't go back to bed or anything." His eyes stay glued to mine. They don't travel down to other parts of my body. Oh, Eric, always the gentleman.

"Though, right now, I'm seriously contemplating dragging you back to bed." He keeps a straight face, which makes me wonder if he's actually being serious or not.

I decide it's the latter, so I grab the nearest throw pillow off Anna's chaise, and chuck it all the way across the large room and at his face. Even though I have remarkable accuracy, his reflexes are faster, and he catches it right before it comes into contact with his face.

When he lowers the pillow, I see the giant smirk plastered on his face. I present him my middle finger and stalk into the closest. Quickly, I put on a pair of high rise trouser shorts and a lace top before slipping back outside. A strange sense of de ja vu washes over me, but I just shake it off.

Eric is still on the bed, but his eyes are closed. I grab my bag from the floor and tip toe to the door, thinking that he's fallen asleep.

"Leaving without me?" His voice reaches me just as my fingers brush the door knob.