Chapter Thirty Nine

Me: SOS please. I need to get out of this house.

Anna: What? Just drive here!

Me: Irish is still here.

Anna: He spent the night??? :)))))))

Me: Not like that! We kissed last night but it was a mistake and I ran away from him and locked myself in my room. I fell asleep and thought he left, but I'm pretty sure I heard a toilet flush like five minutes ago.

Anna: You kissed?! WTF!! OMG how was it?

Anna: Did you guys use tongue??

Anna: My prayers have been answered!

Anna: Why would you run away again?!

Anna: You obviously let him kiss you or else it wouldn't have happened!

Anna: Are you still certain you have no feelings for him?

Anna: What are you doing hiding in your room?!

Anna: Go and talk to him! Figure things out!

Anna: Clara!!

Me: Are you going to come or not?

Anna: And do what? Chase him out? Obviously he's not going to leave just because I tell him too. If you want him out so badly, go tell him yourself.

Me: I don't want to see him! That's the whole point of me telling you to come!

Anna: I'm not bailing you out of this one. You have to learn how to deal with your problems.

Me: Anna! Please!

Me: I'm serious, Anna!

Me: Please come!

Me: Anna, this isn't a joke!

Anna: Consider this payback for leaving me to deal with him in Hawaii.

Me: What?! Come on! You know how upset I was that night!

Me: Anna, please! I'm sorry!

Me: Anna!!!!!!!

Aggravated, I throw the phone across the bed, watching as it bounces back up. I wince as it falls to the ground, but the carpet absorbs the hit.

Pinching the duvet, I peel it off my body slowly. I tiptoe to the door, holding my breath to keep the noises to a minimum. I press my ear lightly against the wood, but there's nothing. Leaning against the wall, I slide down to the ground. I swear I heard a toilet flush. Did I imagine it? Would Irish even stay the night just to confront me the next morning?

Maybe.

I should just go out and check. I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen? He could confront me and we could get into another fight, but what have we got to lose at this point anyways? It's not like we run the risk of losing our friendship again. After we fight, he'll walk out of my house and out of my life.

I chew on the inside of my cheek, sudden dread washing over me. Taking a deep breath, I force my emotions down. What am I so scared of? It's not like we're still friends at this point. I can do this. I can face him and tell him to leave.

Anyways, he might not even be here. I could just be crazy.

Summoning all my courage, I straighten up. As soon as my fingertips graze the doorknob, a loud ring fills the room. Horror fills my throat, and I jump away from the door. My head snaps towards the sound.