Chapter 4- Into The Scorch

We run down the hall at full speed, just as we rounded a corner we come face to face with one of the Doctors.. Dr Crawford.

The Doctor instantly stopped  in her tracks casting a suspicious look around the group.

"What are you kids doing?" She questioned placing her hands on her hips, "You're not allowed in this area!".

Alarms start blaring overhead causing me to jump slightly. Shifting my eyes to Newt I catch him smirking slightly as Thomas edges closer to Dr Crawford.

The Doctor turned and started to sprint down the hallway causing the boys to chase after her. Sighing I did my best to catch up.

"Tommy grab her!" Newt yelled steadily limping up ahead, Thomas grabbed the woman's arm pinning them behind her back as she lets out a shout.

"Tell us where our friend is " Thomas hissed, holding Crawford as she struggled against the boys grip. Minho chuckled to himself folding his arms across his chest as he looked the Doctor up and down.

"I'd start talking if I was you" Minho explained leaning his weight onto his right leg. Crawford clenched her jaw clearly refusing to speak.

Mae flicked her head back down the hallway before walking over to Thomas.

"Thomas we really need to go" She exclaimed, "Guards could come any second".

Pursing his lips together Thomas kneed Crawford in the back earning a sharp yelp from her, the doctor shakily lifted her eyes to Mae who stood her ground and fixated her with a cold,icy stare.

"Talk" The Brunette smirked.

"D-d-down the hall and to the left" She shakily explained. Thomas simply nodded before easing his feet into a jog bringing Crawford with him.

Attempting to even out my breathing I run alongside Heather. Just as we turned right we come to face to face with a guard at the opposite end of the hall we had just come across, the guard was pointing a fierce looking gun at us.

"Get down!" Fry screamed as an electrical clamp came whizzing towards us, dropping to the floor I clasped my hands over my head as garbled noises erupted next to me, trembling I uncovered my hands only to see Heather on the floor, the electrical clamp had latched onto her stomach. Her body was convulsing in inhuman ways.

"Heather!" I screamed attempting to grab her however I was pulled away by Newt who picked me up like a bride on her wedding day. Peeking over Newts shoulder I watched Heather's eyes cloud over as her body went still.

Biting my lip I let Newt carry me as we ran down the hallway in which we had came from my mind still racing at what happened to Heather.

We had left her behind to get harvested.

Just as we are nearing the edge of the hallway Minho suddenly whipped around the other way, Newt slid to a stop as well turning around with me still in his arms.

"Minho what are ya doing!" Newt exclaimed as Minho started to sprint back to the point where the hall turns onto a new corridor.

Screaming a battle cry Minho launched himself into the air slamming his knee into the guard, the man slumped to the floor unconscious.

The group rushed over to Minho, our mouths wide with amazement.

"Holy shuck Minho" Newt muttered in disbelief as Thomas quickly grabbed the mysterious gun from the guard still managing to keep a hold of Crawford. Thomas forced the woman to guide us to where Teresa was being held, the sound of the alarm ringing in my ears.

Thomas extended his foot towards a door in front of him, kicking it open before forcefully shoving the woman inside.

As we enter the room I see various guards and scientists trembling with their hands in the air as they gingerly slumped to their knees eyeing the weapon Thomas was holding.