Chapter 3

heres the 3rd chapter i no i didnt post this on tuesday but i couldnt get round to typing the whole thing up on time sorry :/

its not long but i cant help it just started the school yr and i have a completely different schedule im still adjustin to it so once everything is setlled down i will be writing better stuff

ALERT: NEW CHARACTERS IN THIS CHAPTER I WILL BE PUTTING THE CAST UP SHORTLY SO PLS BEAR WITH ME I KNOW THIS ISNT A BIG DEAL BUT STILL I NEED TO WRITE SUMIN IN BLOCK CAPITALS !!!!!!!!!!!

my updates will be the same on tuesday and saturday so thnx for reading and enjoy :)

---------------------------------

As I unpacked the last remains of my possessions and whatnot in my new room, which was soon to be redecorated, I had no more to do. So, I went downstairs.

“Hey dad, hey mum, need any help?” I would normally just lounge around doing nothing for the rest of the day, but I needed to do something or talk to someone. It just felt strange and too quiet with nothing to do.

“No honey, we’re pretty much unpacked her,” dad replies in a happy-go-lucky tone.

“Why don’t you go call Beth or Jordan?” Eureka! I skip up to my dad; give him a big, cuddly hug with a peck on his, thankfully, clean-shaven cheek.

“Thanks dad! You’re pure genius!”

I bound up the stairs as I hear dad murmuring to mum. Most probably about my sudden mood change. As I went to my room, I thought about what the girls would be doing. Aw, I missed them so much. We’ve known each other since we were in diapers, literally. Last year was the year our mums and my dad thought to tell us about going to school and college/sixth form together. Jordan’s and (Beth-)Lily’s dads met their mums in the later years of college/sixth form.  We’ve had a little joke since we were three years old. Beth-Lily, Jordan and I were the three musketeeresses. Yes, it’s not that funny, but it always, somehow, seemed to lighten our days up, just by thinking about it. It brought back so many memories of our shared childhood. Oh, and we made that up over 12 years ago, so we have a reason for it being so childish and weird.

Picking up my phone; a Samsung Galaxy III which I recently got updated from some other old Samsung, I see two missed calls; one from each of the girls and several texts from Lily, Jord and Cody. So your wondering who Cody is? Well, he was my crush between year seven and eight, and I was his crush in year nine. Now you’re wondering, why didn’t you hook up? The answer to that is, we both didn’t want to ruin our friendship, which by the way has last a solid four years. Anyway, now the feeling’s mutual, we both know about each other’s past feelings and we’ve agreed that it shouldn’t be awkward and we won’t bring up the past. We’re all hopeless romantics but Jord, being the love-crazed one, says she knows love when she senses it. She thinks Cody is still in love with me but I think that‘s bullshit. I think we each shared a crush maybe even love for each other just at different times. Me and Cody are well passed that stage, and are never ever going back there.

Back to the story, I replied to all the texts and called Lily,

“Hey Lily,” I squeal into the phone. Oh yeah, forgot to explain Lily‘s full name is Beth-Lily Lauren Pattinson but we all just call her Lily because she prefers it to Beth or Beth-Lily. So, hopefully, that’s cleared up the evident confusion (well not really evident but I just feel like using long words).

“Oh my god! Is that you Caz? I miss you so damn much. Love you! Brb, getting Jordan on our group call.” Oh my god, I love that girl but she gets way too over-excited.

2 minutes later...

I hear that Lily’s back.

“Hey Caz, she’s not answering. Let me try again.” Once again, I was greeted by an automated voice saying the call was on hold.