Fast Forward And Show Me Stars [Paul Imprint] 5

After I had pulled on my clothes, I stepped out of the bathroom without bothering to dry my hair; which left it extremely curly. I loved my hair the most when I just get out of the shower, and I'm pretty sure that my mom would agree.

I pursed my lips, plopping onto the red leather chair that sat in front of my new vanity with a sigh. I could still hear Jacob and his friends talking, and I had never been much of a morning person. I hated speaking to people when I woke up with a passion, but at that moment I was extremely hungry.

I sighed again, wondering if I would be able to sneak downstairs to find something to eat without anyone noticing me. I decided that I didn't have a very good chance at all, so I figured that I would use my laptop until they left. At least, I hoped that they would leave soon.

Most likely considered unusual for a teenager, I actually checked the news and did nothing but just that. I barely had any friends, so facebook was pointless. I did have an email, but I only used it to talk to Jacob when I had moved away. But now that I was back, it was also left without a purpose.

There was a murder in a city nearby, and I stared at the screen blankly as I read about unnecessary details such as specific bones that were broken. I sighed for the third time; stupid murderers. Didn't they have anything better to do? Apparently not...

I heard my stomach growl, and I snorted before deciding that I didn't want to die of starvation just because I didn't feel like talking to anyone. With a low grumble, I pushed off of my chair and opened my bedroom door, carefully placing my still very wet hair over my shoulder.

I tiptoed down the stairs as quietly as I could; Jacob, Quil, Embry, and Seth were facing the T.V. and they couldn't see me. I had almost made it to the kitchen with my stealthy skills until Seth turned around and finally noticed me.

I nearly jumped when Jacob also turned around and said, "Hi Jackie."

I grumbled in response and opened the fridge with for force than necessary; I had thought that I was being quiet enough...

Jacob laughed, "Oh, right. I forgot that you aren't a morning person."

Quil also looked over, "Dude, it's like five. That is most definitely not morning."

"Well, she just woke up I guess." Embry said for me as I grabbed the carton of orange juice.

I set the orange juice on the counter and began to rummage through the pantry, and I almost cried from joy when I found a box of poptarts. I didn't even remember the last time that I had those. I took the entire box and poured myself a large glass of orange juice before making my way over to the boys.

If there had been a T.V. in my room, I would have most definitely gone back up there to hide.

Seth, who was sitting on the edge of the enormous couch, immediately scooted over so that I could sit next to him. I would have thanked him if I hadn't just woken up.

"Hi Jay," he spoke, raising an eyebrow at me as the other boys kept their gazes fixated on some random channel.

I grumbled in response, and Seth pretended to be offended, "How rude! Fine, be that way. I didn't want a 'Hey Seth, what's up?' anyway."

I cracked a smile as I raised my glass of orange juice to my lips and leaned against his warm arm that was draped over the couch behind my head. He made a face at me, obviously still pretending to be angry, but I ignored him.

After a while of watching the Discovery Channel, it was seven o' clock and the guys were complaining about how starving they were.

"Jackie, go make us some food." Embry suggested, and Quil, Jacob, and Seth grunted in agreement.