Fast Forward And Show Me Stars [Paul Imprint] 3

I dreamt of bright teeth clashing against tan skin, the yellow sun breaking through a barrier or rain clouds, and actually having a normal day at school.

Well, at least the type of normal that would be considered as typical to other people besides myself.

I was walking along the forest with Jacob's friends; some of which I didn't recognize. I blinked; their faces were easily distinguishable and despite their similar skin tone their faces were entirely different. I thought it was strange how I was having dreams of people I'd never met before. But then again, my mind could just be masking different faces and bodies together to make individuals. I was just weird like that.

Everyone was all jokes and smiles, laughing as if we had all know each other our entire lives. Again, I felt strange, awkward, and out of place because I was not at all used to people so 'popular' being nice to me; treating me as an actual human being.

Every single person's face, one by one, turned into one of despair and frustration in a flash. It scared me. I looked to Jacob; I had only seen him looking so mad once in my entire life. That situation is currently not worth mentioning, though.

As I looked around, I could practically taste the dread in the air and it began to rain extremely hard. Harder than any hurricane or storm that I had ever experience in my life. The wind blew fiercely and the ominously dark clouds blocked out all rays of light that had emitted from the once bright sun. Around me, - I was just now realizing that everyone but myself had simply vanished - the raindrops that were once falling like tiny pieces of lead froze in mid-air. I twirled around a total 360 degrees and every single tiny drop of water was perfectly still, unmoving as if time itself had stopped.

That would have been absurd of course, for I could still move around. Intrigued, I ever so lightly prodded a rain drop above my head and it floated away due to the tiny amount of effort that I had put into the push. It crashed into other raindrops and shattered, creating a domino effect.

The drops shattered into glass like shards before they all formed together to create a giant sheet of glass. It was pitch black now and I reached out for someone - anyone, but my fingertips grasped mist and cold air.

There were flashes of bright light in the blackness; as if someone had a camera and they were constantly taking pictures with the flash on. During every burst of random light, I saw horrible things.

I saw my dead parents, disappearing and reappearing due to the flashes. Their eyes seemed to be gouged out; black holes with blood pooling down like tears were what lay in their place. Their mouths were wide; inhumanely wide, as if they were crying out so loudly that their jaws had snapped and law slack on their faces.

I simply stared, frozen. I hadn't dreamed about my parents in years and I had truly thought that I had gotten over their deaths. But that was a lie. Something as tragic as someone's parents dying could never, ever be forgotten or dealt with as if it were nothing.

Seeming to regain my senses, I stumbled backward - out of reach of my deceased parents' claws of hands. They were caked in dry blood and their clothes were torn and ancient-looking. When I stumbled, I stepped onto something wet and slippery. I fell backwards, sliding across the floor as if I was ice skating.

But I was most definitely not ice skating.

As I looked to the floor to pick myself up, I actually saw what I had slipped into. Crimson filled my vision and I looked at my bloody hands with a blank expression; which was what usually happened when I was terrified.

I didn't like showing fear, so I usually hid my emotions quite well; I was not about to back down now.

I stumbled away from the pool of blood, and the flashing lights of my parents finally stopped. I was engulfed in darkness once again, and in the black I heard what sounded like a whimpering puppy and then a terrible smile that startled all other noises into thick silence.