Fast Forward And Show Me Stars [Paul Imprint] 7

Jacklyn's POV

Emily began to set the table and the guy who had been staring at me - Paul, I think it was - came through the glass sliding door.

"Where'd you guys run off to?" Emily inquired and I stared blankly at Paul's bare abdomen. I think that he noticed me staring.

"You know," he raised his eyebrows in a weird way. "Places."

I smiled at him, and he seemed to glow.

"Jacob ran off somewhere." He stated. "He should be back soon."

Emily beamed at Paul and went into the other room - to get something, I supposed. She had told me how much of specific spices that I should put into the chili, because for some reason she trusted me. The thought made me smile and my eyes connected with Paul's again, which made me look downwards into the pot of food.

He jumped up onto the counter behind me and I began to search the cupboards for the specific spices that Emily had told me to add. I had managed to pull down five - and I was surprised that I actually remembered which ones were which. Emily was a great teacher.

The last spice was particularly high up and I was about to climb up onto the wooden countertop when something extremely warm pressed against my back. I jumped in surprise, I had most definitely not expected Paul to do that.

I simply stood there, struck dumb as Paul grabbed the spice, still just barely pressed against my back. He breathed a laugh onto my cheek - most likely because of my reaction. My breath caught in my throat momentarily as I felt my heart practically pound its way out of my chest and I was afraid that he'd hear it.

"Sorry," he grinned, referring to startling me, and he was obviously enjoying my discomfort. "Here you go."

He handed me the ingredient and I thanked him warily - I couldn't tell if he was joking around or actually flirting with me. I was never very updated when it came to the subject of guys...

Seeming to notice how skeptical I was of his behavior, he merely smiled and stepped back to pull himself up onto the counter again.

I stared at him a second longer to see if he was going to try something like that again, and his innocent smile curled into a smirk.

I quickly looked away and I could practically feel my crush on him already forming. I couldn't help it at all; he was just so appealing to me. Even though we barely exchanged any words.

That usually happened to me quite a lot, and I pretty much considered myself a stalker for it. At my old school, if I thought a random guy in the hallway was cute I would pretty much immediately form a crush on them even though I didn't know them at all.

"Why was Jacob so mad at you?" I inquired, truly curious. I only looked over my shoulder to see him shrug.

"I don't know." He said carefully, his voice guarded in a way that made me think he was lying. The smirk left his face and his broad shoulders were tense, so I said nothing. "He just has anger problems."

I gasped and said sarcastically, "I never noticed!"

Paul scoffed before saying, "Apparently he isn't the only one."

I stuck my tongue out at him and his laugh made me shiver, so I concentrated on the spices once again. I heard voices and suddenly the rest of the boys, excluding Jacob, came into the house through the same way that they had all exited.

Apparently, they were having a conversation about the shamwow guy and how awesome was. I merely blinked at them; I swear, Jacob and his friends talked about the weirdest things.