Chapter 7 (Mates)

Ambria P.O.V

I ran as fast as I could back to Lee's house. When I entered the living room the sight of Lilly in Lee's arms hurt but I pushed it aside. I deserved it, I knew.

Tears still coated Lilly's face as if she'd even cried in her sleep.

"I felt it you know."

I jumped at the sound of Lee's deep voice. He stared at me his eyes dark and stormy.

"I felt you kiss him." He whispered.

I blinked shocked.

"You kissed him?" Lilly wailed suddenly wide awake. Before I could defend myself she was running toward me claws extended.

Before she made contact she was knocked to the side. She growled loudly and glared at Blaze hate in her eyes.

"Yes protect your presicous Ambria!" She spat.

"Lilly no--I just... Lilly wait!" Blaze yelled calling after her but she was already out the house. Blaze ran after her his panic filling out link.

The silence wieghed heavily on me and I finally lifted my eyes to see Lee staring at me with empty eyes.

"Lee." I swallowed.

He shook his head and rubbed his face. "I'm trying to understand why after I tell you your my mate you run off and kiss that stupid idiot."

He growled and punched the wall making me jump.

"For years I've had to battle for your attention with him even though I'm your freaking mate. For years I had to watch him play with you and make you smile or laugh. I watched him hug you and kiss your cheek. I always hoped that since he'd already shifted that maybe he'd find his mate and forget about you but he never did. I knew when I left that I was giving Blaze his chance to be with you."

He took a deep breath.

"I never thought that even after you knew the truth that I would still have to fight for my mates attention."

I shook my head frantic. "Lee no you don't understand I just kissed him to prove a point. I love you so much, you must know this please don't think you have to compete with Blaze. He knows I'm in love with you he knows and accepts it."

He stared at me his eyes still blank.

"There wasn't any other way of proving your point? That wasn't some peck on the lips Ambria. You know what forget it I'll be back when ever, I need to go...think.

He grabbed his jacket and walked out ignoring my pleas. I sinked into a chair and started to cry.

I hadn't ment to hurt him or Lilly. It seemed I'd made everything worse.

I didn't know how long I sat in that chair crying and waiting for him to come back but eventually my body forced me to move out the chair and up the stairs. I crawled onto his bed and hugged a pillow to my chest breathing in his scent.

Just as I was about to falll into a restless sleep the bedroom door creaked open.

I jolted up my heart racing. Lee leaned against the door his face hiden by shadows.

Slowly he walked forward and grasped my face. He ran his thumb along my cheek bone feeling the wetness of my tears.

"I'm not going to just sit back and let him take you from me." He said quietly. I opened my mouth to tell him he had no reason to worry but he cut me off.

" I'm going to act like your mate Ambria and I don't give a shit if you like it or not. Your mine and I won't allow some pup to touch whats mine understand?" He growled power lacing his tone.