Her Boss's Baby - Chapter Eleven

"You installed gates in front of your house?" Jane asked, surprised as Rain drove the Mustang along his driveway, "And a wall around the property?" 

"I did. As well as a few other security measures." 

"They just released the house yesterday. How did you get it done so fast?" 

He grinned as he pulled the car into his garage. "I've got money."

"I should have guessed that." 

"They had the inside blocked off, but not the outside. I had them start the wall on Monday." He led the way into the house through the garage. "Mom's stuff is still here. I was hoping you would help me sort it all out. I know she'd want it all donated." 

"Don't you want to keep some of it?" 

"A few things." He led the way through the living room, down the hall to a closed door at the end. "This is the master bedroom. Mom always said it was too big. She refused to sleep in here." He stepped through the door into a large room with a king size bed. 

"Wow, this is huge." She murmured, wandering around the room. 

"Mom like the smaller room next door. So she stayed in there." He pulled open the closet door. "I hope you don't mind, but I had your friends go shopping to replenish your wardrobe since everything you had was burned in the fire." 

Jane walked into the spacious closet, which was lined with clothes of every type. "Rain, this is too much." She murmured, touching a pair of red heels on a shelf. "There's no way I can repay you for all this." 

"I don't expect you to repay me, Jane. Lord knows I can afford this and a hell of a lot more." When she looked to argue, he grabbed her hand, "I need you to hear me out." 

"Rain..."

"Please, just listen to me a minute." 

"Okay." She folded her hands in her lap, "I'm listening." 

"I have a big house, a bunch of cars, and a hell of a lot of money." 

"Okay." 

"This side of the house can be renovated to update everything, and make it yours." 

"Mine?" 

"Think about it, Jane. This house is big enough for you to have your privacy. We can add onto it if we need to." 

Jane chewed on her lip. She shook her head as if to clear it, and wandered into the bedroom to perch on the edge of the bed. "This is your house, Rain, why would you want me here?" 

"I want both of you here." He answered. 

Realization dawned on her, "No, oh, no..." She jumped to her feet, and stomped down the hall. "I'm not falling for this, Rain." 

"What?" He asked, following her. 

She rounded on him in the living room, "You're going to get me here until the baby is born and then kick me with nothing just to take our baby from me. I'm not going to let that happen." 

"Jane, I would never do that." 

"I won't let you." She snapped. 

"Babe, listen to me, please." 

She folded her arms, and glared at him defiantly. 

"Think about it, Jane, what would I do with a baby by myself?" 

"If you hire a nanny, you wouldn't have to deal with either of us." 

He studied her intently, "Do you really think I am capable of doing something like that? To anyone, let alone the mother of my child?"