Chapter Ten: Judgement Day

I looked at the golden palace steps before me. It had been a long time since I'd last seen my family. Would they welcome me back?

      I felt my palms start to sweat and my feet began to feel heavy. Maybe this was a bad idea after all. "You okay Em?" I looked over at Tony, who stood there like this was just a walk in the park. I shook my head slightly. Mother Frigga was sure to kill the both of us. "Princess!" I almost jumped out of my skin, blushing when I realized it wass only Lady Sif. She bowed before me, and then arose, as if this had been a special occasion. That was the only time I had ever allowed her to bow to me; otherwise it was just wierd.

      I watched her as she stared at Tony for a moment. "Good morning Sif!" I smiled politely. "It is nice to see you have returned... and who is this man you are with?" She smiled slightly, and I felt a sudden jealousy stir up inside of me. She leaned in close and whispered in my ear as she gave me a hg, "I see your intentions." She drew back and nodded to Tony, and then turning as if to leave. "Wait," I put a hand on her shoulder and she turned back, staying put for the moment. "C-Can I talk to you a moment?" I felt embarrassed now. "Yes, Princess." I looked at Tony, who moved far out of ear range.

      "What is it that concerns you Emi?" She looked at me with wide eyes, as if she were trying hard to acquire my thoughts. Funny, I loved to see her keep guessing, because only I could send and recieve other people's thoughts. "It is... It is just," I sighed, I couldn't quite find the words to describe this all. "I only came back here for one reason. Sif, I don't know how mother Frigga is going to handle this. I'm not quite sure I even know how Odin is going to take all of this." She patted my shoulder and sat on one of the gold steps. I followed, ready to listen. Sif was sometimes good at giving me advice, depending on the situation of course. "Tell me, and I will let you know to the best of my abilities what their reaction might be."

      I nodded, hoping she wouldn't take it the wrong way either. She was a lady warrior here in Asgard, and she could probably knock the shit out of me if I provoked her. "Okay... Well, you know about the witch and everything.."

"Yes, I do. I remember because I was there, and after everything happened between you and the midgardians on Earth, Hemdal was sure to inform us of your safe being." She smiled and I practically slapped myself in the face. I could have called out all that time ago, and had someone help me out? I really need help thinking things through...

"Anyways, I was wandering around the streets of New York and...Quill was there," even the thought of his name sent an odd chill down my spine. It was odd because the fact that something could be even colder than I. "long story short, Sif, Tony had saved my life... turned me completely around." I looked at my feet, hoping that she wouldn't be ashamed of my decisions. "He saved me, not once, but twice... and during my time in midgard I-I found myself, in a strange daze almost. I realized I had been in love. But I need your help, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to be able to convince her to allow me to-"

          "Yes, I see young one," a slight smile spread across her face, "I know what it is like, and I will help you. But I suggest you ask her to allow you to change age appearance first. Then you should ask your life be blessed with this man, and ask her to make him an immortal-mortal last. If all goes well, invite me. I'd like to see you happy, I always have." She nodded and walked off, waving a goodbye. If I knew Sif, surely she would be headed to slip in a good word or two, even without my permission.

         I felt two strong hands settle atop my shoulders and felt an instant relief. I leaned back and looked up at Tony. His sweet face smiling down at me. I loved this man, and I didn't care what Mother Frigga thought, I was going to be with him. "Do me a favor?" He nodded, and I found myself practically melting as I felt the warmth coming from him. "Please, behave when you meet them. We wouldn't want to die in our sleep tonight, do we?" He laughed, "No, we don't, and yes I'll behave, but just for this once."