Chapter Three

"This is amazing!" I spoke, holding some strange triangular slice of food in my hands. It had a very pleasing taste. "What is this?"

    Tony wiped his hands on a napkin, "It's called pizza." He smiled, lips closed. "Ever had it before?" I shook my head and took another bite out of my slice of "Pizza". "Then what have you been eating your whole life?" He asked and continued devouring his slice. I looked over at Thor, who tried not to give any notice. I had promised to tell the billionaire where I had come from, but after we finished our dinner. And sadly, his questions kept coming one after the other, pressing for information. I felt the palms of my hands becoming clammy, just thinking about the answer. There was no escape from those dreadful questions or the cold answers that would soon follow. "Food," I answered, trying my best to avoid the entire subject. After that, he didn't press on with questions.

    By the time we were all finished, Thor motioned for me to tell him. When I didn't move, he nudged me. I was frozen with fear, because yes, I had wanted to tell him, but I was scared. He told me how this group known as the Avengers ended up in an epic battle with Loki a little over a year ago. If Tony held a grudge against Loki or even disliked what he was, then surely his mind would be made up about me. I'd again be treated like an outcast and looked upon as evil. But I'm not. That's the thing, I've never been evil. Hell, I am afraid of the dark... Thor nudged me again I stood straight up, still feeling short, though Tony was only an inch or two taller than me. Then feeling tall once again as he sat down on the couch.

    I took a deep breath. It would all be over soon, and hopefully, he wouldn't hate my guts. "I am not fully human," I blurted. He looked at me as if he'd already knew and I hesitated before continuing. My eyes must have been playing tricks on me. "I might be half human. My mother died when I was two, so there were questions as to whether she was fully human. But there is no question as to what my father was." I paused. What if he hates me? I thought again and again, replaying all of the possible outcomes. All of which made my heart ache. "Frost giant?" He smirked and I looked quickly at him. "M-Maybe," I stuttered. Whether he knew it or not, he made this worse. If he even had the slightest idea this whole time, then why did he have a look of confusion on his face whenever something wierd happened?

   I bit my lip, afraid of him hating me. "But, how did you?" I cut myself short. Shut up, I thought to myself,  just shut up and let him explain himself! "When I came in, I overheard the both of you talking. Thor seemed to make you happy, but whenever Loki was mentioned, you'd glow with pride." Tony chuckled a bit as if he knew the feeling. And it was in fact true; all so true. For some reason, knowing what we were had made me proud. But for the moment, it had made me want to crawl under a rock, and the silence urged me to hide. However, I toughed it out, using what little bit of optimism I had to cheer up and avoid crying. Maybe he really didn't hate me.

     "Um," he scratched behind his ear, "Just go take a shower and get ready for bed." He looked away just a little and his eyes flickered towards Thor, who was just as confused. I felt my heart sink. What did he think of me?

     I went to turn and head to my room, but instead realized I didn't know where I was going. I felt stupid as I tilted my head and waited for an answer. He sighed, "Right corner of your bedroom is the bathroom. There's some clothes laid out on the counter once you're done." I smiled slightly and dashed off. I shut my door. "Let's see, right corner..." I opened the door. It was just as he said. Never did I think I'd be this happy to see a bathing room. By far, this was much better than bathing in a river. I looked at the sink faucet, and then the tub, turning on the ice cold water. I would enjoy this shower, very well. Even though I was disappointed in myself for forgetting that they too use a knid of running water.

  But then again, that's what I get for doing things on my own for three years. I was eleven when I woke up on Earth. Not to mention I avoided human contact ever since. You try waking up to needles in your arms and strange men in white coats. But I guess who or whatever put me on Midgard knew it would happen. And they must've wanted me to hate all mortals too.

***

(Tony's POV)

   I looked over at Thor, "Thank you for helping."

   "I had no problem Tony," he sat down next to me and smiled, "After all, I should be thanking you." The thought of him thanking  me sounded off. I was the one who needed his help today. It wasn't the other way around. "If you had not called Jane and asked for my assistance, I'd have not found my sister. That and I have a feeling that you will protect her well." He looked out the window. Well, I guess I could say he looked out the wall, concidering how large the window was. "It is getting late, my friend. I'm also sure that Jane wants to travel back to New Mexico as soon as possible."

    At that moment he waved a goodbyre and was out the door. "Damn it," I muttered. She'd only been here a day, and something was scratching at the back of my head. I couldn't put my finger on it either. Not to mention I barely knew how to take care of a teenage girl. However, I would be very capable of raising a boy. I understood them and knew what they needed. But a girl was indeed different.

   "Damn it, Tony," I sighed, "You're just one guy trying to take care of an immortal. A Frost Giant immortal." Emi was other worldly. She was half frost giant, and the other half, either Asgardian or Midgardian. But lost everything at a young age. At which point, Odin adopted her.Maybe it was better to send her back to him?

   I waited as I heard the water stop. She'd probably taken a cold shower and was just now getting dressed. I'd thought of different ways for us to get to know each other better. For tonight, however, things will remain unchanged. Tomorrow, we will learn more about one another.