Chapter Four

I looked down at her sleeping. The both of us had fallen asleep on the couch watc hing a movie last night.

      I stroked her long brown hair. She left it down occasionally and it always laid perfectly atop her head. Thinking about her long hair reminded me of her eyes. Oh, her eyes were a menacing, mischievous green. I'd seen them plenty before, when he destroyed almost all of New York. They had the same eyes that seemed to loved to play with the light. Was it posible that they really were related?

      Either way, I still didn't like him. After all, he had tried to take over the Earth not even a year ago. The fact she was a Frost Giant was still almost foreign to me. She was the height of any other teenager I'd met before and certainly short for her kind. Bit she was also human somewhere in there.

      I lifted her head off of my shoulder and set her gently down on the couch, feeling the coldness of her skin fade away. It made me wonder of why Odin had bothered to take her in. He'd already taken in Loki as his son by the time she was born. You would think that he'd decide to leave her to die after all the trouble they had gone through with the Frostgiants. A stolen relic... those cold words pierced my brain, without a clue from where they came from. Wasn't that what he had mentioned that good year ago?

     "Mmf..." I looked back down at Emi, who strectched across the couch and then sprawled up into a little ball. I shook my head, hoping to clear it before something else wierd happened. All of the sudden, my phone blasted the song Gangster's Paradise on the kitchen counter. I quickly dashed over to pick it up, forgetting to see who it was that was calling. "Anthony Stark speaking."

    "Tony!" A familiar voice came over the phone. "This is he speaking," I responded, unable to put my finger on who it was. "Tony, it's Bill, Bill Hanson." I practically slapped myself in the face for this one. "Oh, Bill!" The both of us laughed. "How are you my friend? You weren't here but six days ago when Virginia and, err, Ms.Potts and I held the re-opening of Stark Towers."

"I've been, rather held up, which so happens to be the reason that I'm calling." Billy's voice sounded serious all of the sudden. "Then spit it out old man," I encouraged sarcastically and then heard him sigh on the other end. "You remember that Avenger, the demi-god or whatever?"

"Yeah! Thor; he was here for the re-opening and is back in New Mexico with Ms.Foster, why?"

"Foster, as in Jane Fotser?"

"Yeah, I be- Emi! No, put those bands down! I need those for my suit!" I yelled, suddenly feeling bad for doing such. "Sorry," she giggled, setting them back down. "Yeah, I believe so, Jane Foster... sorry for the interruption."

"Emi?"

I sighed, "Yeah, it's um... it's complicated..."

"Alright, I'll call you some time soon Tony."

"Ok. Call me if you ever need anything my friend."

"One million?" The both of us laughed and said our goodbyes.

      I sighed as I put my phone down on the counter. It was strange to hear from him after such a long time. What the hell are you up to Billy? I shook my head and turned to Emi, who stood there staring at me. "How did you?" I cut myself short, trying to think of how she managed to get a hold of the bands. "Sorry, again," she giggled, "but that was just a hologram, a mirage, of them." She smiled as silver and green mist formed around her hands, and perfect replicas of the bands appeared in them. "I saw them last night when you were putting them away. Right before we sat on that couch and watched... a movie I think is what you called it? On that mysterious box you said was a television?"

     "Oh, okay," I sighed again, "I'm sorry for yelling at you..." She smiled at me again, "It's okay. After living with the Allfather, you get used to being yelled at. Well... by humans atleast." I walked over and started the coffee machine. " Yeah, but how did you get up and walk over here without making any noise? I mean, you're like the friggin' grimm reaper, you're so silent." She laughed a little at that. "For one, there is no such thing as a 'grimm reaper'. And two... does the word brother.. or demi-god ring a bell?"

      I leaned against the counter and laughed a little myself. Yes it rang a bell; a loud, tall one. "Mischeif," I muttered, half hoping she heard me. I looked back up at her to see that silver and green mist forming around her again. "Check this, Tony," she laughed as she disappeared before my eyes. I jumped and looked around. Where the hell had she gone? "Up here," I looked up into the corner of the ceiling to see her perched there perfectly.

     She jumped back down to the ground and smiled up at me. But that smile quickly faded and her green eyes flashed with anger. "He knows about me..."

"Come again?"

"He knows about me... this Bill Hanson man. He knows about me, and Loki... and Thor."

"Okay, he knows about you, so what?"

"No, Tony," she spoke bluntly, almost grinding her teeth. "He wants to hurt my brother... and he knows my relation to him... oh, God, please Tony. Please don't let him hurt my brother."

      Damn, that's what he's up to. I picked up my phone, infuriated. It was too late to call him back, so I texted him: Billy, I know what the hell you're up to. Don't do it, or I'll pay you a visit and kick your ass.

     For some reason, I didn't want her to get hurt. If she didn't want Loki to hurt, I couldn't possibly allow Billy to hurt him... For some reason, I felt it was my duty to protect Emi as one of my own.