Chapter 5

Chapter 5

SKYE POV

     When I woke up it was 5 in the morning. All the things that had happened to me the night before haunted me. I can’t believe I just gave up. Also that broken look on my father’s face was stuck in my mind. How could he look so broken...?

     I tried getting up, but I was sore everywhere. I realized that I was still naked. I crawled to the shower and opened the water. I took a shower just sitting in the tub. I didn’t care about the puddles I was making outside the tub. After a few minutes I stood up. I was still sore but the warm water had soothed my body. I closed the water, and I started to clean up. I was a little scared. I was afraid that my father was home. When I finished cleaning, and had put on my clothes, I quickly grabbed all the things I needed for school. I was relieved to find out that my father was not home.

     I ran out the door.  I knew that I would get a beating for leaving so early when I came home. Well that is if my father realizes that I left early. When I arrived at school it was still very early. I was so tired, and in so much pain. I limped to my classroom not knowing if I would make it or not. Am I going to make it? Finally the classroom came into sight. I collapsed into a random seat. I was in so much pain I didn’t see the boy sitting in the back of the classroom.

     “What’s wrong.” The boy said.

     I gasped when I saw him. He was new. A new student? At this time of the year? That’s a little strange...

     “Nothing... nothing at all.” I said, but even my voice sounded weak and tired. I tried to get up to get away, but my head spun, and I felt myself falling. Two strong arms caught me before I fell.

     “What did you do to her!” I heard someone yell right before I completely blacked out.

Jason POV

     I saw Skye leave early, and so I got to school earlier. When I entered the classroom I saw her fall to the ground as a boy I didn’t recognize reached out to catch her.

     “What did you do to her?” I yelled.

     “I didn’t do anything... She looked like she was in pain when she came into the classroom. I didn’t do anything!” The boy was a little bit panicky.

     I went over and picked her from his arms.

     “I’ll take her to the nurse.” I said.

     “I’ll go with you.”

      “Fine.” I said.

     “My name’s Peter by the way.”

     “Jason.”

     That was all we said the whole way to the nurse’s office. When the nurse saw Skye she quickly told us to call the ambulance. She said that Skye’s father had told the school to always send her to the hospital if she ever went to the nurse’s office. That is strange isn't it? So the ambulance came, and I wasn’t allowed to follow. I watched uselessly as they took her away from me. That’s when realized, the minute I saw Skye I was already in love her and without a doubt now I’m falling hard for her.

     “So... is she like your girlfriend?” A voice broke my thoughts.

    “Skye? Nope...”

     “Oh...”

     Just like that an awkward silence passed over us. None of us tried to break it.

     The day passed in a blur for me. I wanted to ditch school to go see Skye just to make sure she was OK but I knew that I would never be allowed to go see her again if I skipped school just to see her. Finally! The last bell rang. I ran out of the classroom as fast as I could to go see her.