Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3 SKYE POV

I need to find a new job. Soon too. My dad has been buying a lot of things lately. When will he act like a normal father again? I didn't know that a 16 years old girl had to support her family while her father only spent it and lost it. I know that I am sorta over reacting but I don't want to live like this anymore.

"Hey Skyeeee I hear that you have a new neighbor and he's going to help us hurt you." Someone said in a sickly sweet voice, while pulling the e in my name extra long.

I didn't wanna look up so I didn't. I also didn't want to believe the person. But it was hard not to consider it because I had been tricked many times. Jason was so nice though. He let me cry in his arms even though we barely knew each other. He was really sweet. I cursed myself to even think that he would be like the others.

“Hey Skye!” Said a deeper voice.

This one was most nicer, and it wasn’t pretending to be sweet. I looked up to see myself face to face with Jason. He had leaned in to look at me when I wasn’t looking at him so then when I turned around I came face to face with him. I felt blood rush up to my cheeks. His lip were right in front of mine. If I moved a little closer our lips would have been touching. We stayed like that for a few seconds, then I broke away. How could I think about kissing him? No one would want to kiss me. I’m so stupid.

When I turned to look at Jason I could have sworn I saw a tinge of red on his cheeks. I nearly giggled out loud. I must be crazy. He wouldn’t get embarrassed because of me. I’m just Skye. Plain old Skye. The outcast that no one likes. Not even her own father... I hate this. I never tried to do anything bad. It just happened. Sometimes I realize it’s too late to even look back into the past. People sometimes say make your past better not bitter, but what can I do to make it seem like my past is better? What happened in the past is what make things that happens now happen. I don’t really think anything good has happened except meeting Jason.

I must be going crazy. Looney in the head I say. When I got home that day my dad was home, but he wasn’t with a woman or drunk! I thought I was getting lucky, and he was getting better... I was wrong.

“Skye, honey. You’re back!”

“Yeah, dad, I’m back.”

“Come here.”

I walked towards him. Only a little scared. He isn’t drunk, so he isn’t going to do anything right? I took a few more steps closer. I guess I was too slow for him because he suddenly lashed out and pulled me roughly.

“You don’t have a job right now do you?” He asked me angrily.

I shook my head, not being able to find my voice. I was even more scared than usual. I thought that if my father wasn’t drunk he wouldn’t do anything.

“Who’s paying for anything now?! I’m not! Why would I? I raised you to a perfect age! 10. You’re 16 now. You got double digits, then you have to pay for your own things and for me. I thought we had that clear! Where is all the money now!” He roared.

I fell onto my knees as he let go of my arm. Suddenly I felt so tired. He poured something down my throat. It burned, but it went down. The minute I started to feel dizzy I knew it was some kind of drug. Am I gonna die this time? Maybe and overdose?

No such luck. That was the first thing I said to myself in my head as I heard beeping. Of course I had somehow landed in the hospital. What outrageous story did my father say this time? To my surprise when I opened my eyes I saw someone sitting on the side, but it was not my father. It was Jason. His face was buried in his hands, and he looked majorly depressed.