Chapter 7

Chapter 7

     “What are you trying to do?” I asked my father.

     We were at home. He had taken me away from the hospital as soon as he could, because he didn’t want any questions asked about my bruises.

     “Kill you, isn’t it obvious!” He hissed back at me viciously.

     I knew that. Of course I did. I didn’t think he would actually say it though. It hurt. Even though I knew it all along.

     His hand suddenly went to his pocket and he took out a lighter. I bit my lip knowing what was coming up next. He pulled my legs closer to his face and he said “look at all this fat on your legs Skye... What have you been eating?”

     “Nothing...” I muttered.

     “Lies!” He roars.

     He lights the lighter and fire comes to life. It brushes against my skin burning it.

     “Stop!” I screamed.

     The pain was unbearable. But he continued to burn me. Suddenly, he stopped, but the pain was still there.

     “Little bitch...”

     He kicked my stomach and knocked me down.

     “Don’t even talk anymore. Your voice sickens me.” He sneered.

     With a final hard slap to my face and a carving on my arm with a blade, he left.

     I was barely awake, but I managed to read the words worthless on my arm. Then I was gone.

     I groaned as my eyes flickered open. Where the am I? Oh... I remember. I look down on my arm again to see that the cuts have dry blood over them. All I can do is cry and clean myself up. When I am in the bathroom I see my razor. I called for me in my mind.

     “Come get me. You deserve what you’re going to do.” It whispered to me. I slowly reached for the blade, not being able to control myself. I press the blade down onto my arm feeling the pain. The pain wasn’t like what you feel when you’re abused. It feels better than that. It makes me feel alive. Blood started gushing out of each cut. I’m sobbing so hard... I’m so stupid. What am I doing? But, I couldn’t bring myself to stop. It hurt, but it was worth it. I was worthless. I had no point in this world. I was pointless. I looked down at my arm pushing it harder against my skin. There was so much blood and I was just so tired. I dropped the razor to the ground as I curled up into a ball rocking back and forth trying to keep from crying. I knew that no one was home, but crying like that because of my own stupid actions was pointless... just like me.

     Make it stop, make it stop, I can get through this.I told myself over and over again. I was beginning to get dizzy. Though, I made no move to try to stop the blood that was gushing out of my cuts. So what if I died? There was no point of my existence. I didn’t even need to be here. No one needed me. No one NEEDS me. I smiled one last time before I blacked out.

Jason POV

     I swear I could hear loud sobbing from next door... But, Skye should still be in the hospital... Should I go check? Would I be intruding? Maybe I should go check... Suddenly the sobbing stopped. It was completely quiet... A little too quiet. It wouldn’t hurt to ask if someone needed help... I slowly walked over to Skye’s house. The front door of her house was open slightly. I pushed the door open all the way.

     “Skye? Is anyone home?” I called out.

     There was no reply. Only the dark room’s empty silence.

     “Forgive me, please.” I whispered as I slipped into the house.

     I have to say the house was not as clean as the last time I came here. There were empty beer can scattered on the ground. Shattered glass lay in a corner of the room. The whole room gave off an eerie feeling. I slowly and carefully made my way to the stairs. There was a light upstairs, but I wasn’t sure if it was coming from Skye’s room or not. There was no movement or sound at all. The wooden stairs creaked as I tiptoed up. It seemed like a million years had past before I got to the top of the stairs. I felt like a criminal, trespassing into a house like this. It just didn’t feel right. When I turned my head to the left I saw Skye’s room. Indeed, the light was coming from her room, but something was very wrong.

     “Skye?” I asked out loud, only to be answered by an eerie silence.

     “Maybe... Just maybe, this isn’t such a good idea.” I whispered to myself.

     I crept closer towards her room, not sure if I should go in. When I finally reached her door and looked in, no one was there.

     Just then I heard the garage door open. I knew someone was coming home. I couldn’t take any chances. This was illegal. Breaking and entering... Even though I didn’t break anything. I went to Skye’s window and climbed a nearby tree down. I was quite worried, but if someone was coming home, probably Skye’s father, he would probably be able to take care of the situation. If not, we were his neighbors.. He would probably ask us for help... right?

Skye’s Father's POV

     “Stupid bitch... If she wasn’t so damn stupid she would not get hit so much.” I grumbled to myself.

     I walked up the stairs with a can of beer in my hand.

     “Skye!” I screamed.

     There was no reply.

     “God Damned it child get the fuck out of your room!” I stomped my way to her room. There was no one there. I walked to the bathroom scowling. The door was closed and locked.

     “Skye! Open the fucking door now!” I yelled, angry now.

     When she didn’t reply I hit the door down with a bat. My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. Skye was on the ground with a razor next to her and blood everywhere.

     “The stupid bitch...” I whispered to myself.

     “She’s crazy!” I muttered under my breath.

     Checking her pulse and making sure that she was alive I picked her up roughly and threw her onto her bed. I bandaged her cuts to stop the bleeding.

     “I’m supposed to kill you, not you kill yourself... stupid.” I growled quietly. But inside the old me screamed into my head. Why don’t you fucking help her? She’s your daughter. What the fuck is wrong with you! How could you hurt her! You stupid man. You’re supposed to be her hero! I grimaced not daring to look back at my... daughter. I closed the door to her room and went back into my own. A headache was starting to build. Also guilt was beginning to creep up my back. I wasn’t supposed to feel anymore. I finished the beer in my hand and decided to sleep everything off.

Skye’s POV

     I groaned. I had a massive headache, and my wrists were aching. My eyes fluttered open, and then I remember what I did. Why wasn’t I dead? I looked down at my wrists only to see bandages. What happened? Why was I still alive? Who saved me? I didn’t understand what was going on. When I looked around I realized I was no longer in the bathroom, but instead in my room and on my bed. I swung my legs off of the bed, and slowly stood up. My legs groaned in protest, but I ignored them. I staggered to my doorway, and peaked down the stairs. There on the couch sat my very sober father. He was staring off into space, but I could tell he wasn’t drunk. He may have been having a hangover, but he was most definitely not drunk.

     I walked down the stairs and stopped next to my father.

     “Daddy?” I said ever so quietly.

     His head snapped towards me, and he smiled. Not a sick, sadistic smile, but a genuine sweet smile. A smile that was so foreign it made my father look unrecognizable.

     “Hey baby girl, I’m glad you’re ‘kay now. Don’t bloody scare me like that again!” He said softly.

     Then he reached out towards me and I flinched away. A look of hurt crossed his face, but it was gone the minute it came. He swiftly turned around and walked out the front door.