12.

Control.

Wednesday, 9:22 am.

The Reeves/Black home.

2 days until battle.

Dema huffed as she dabbed a beauty blender soaked with foundation all over her neck. Every day, she's been waking up an hour early to cover every spot, and trying to make it look as natural as possible. Hiding seventeen bite marks from her mother hasn't been easy.

She's been going to the closest drugstore, at least once every three days, and buying the cheapest products. It's not easy, but at least Eliza isn't suspicious.

She nods at her reflection, pleased with the end-product.

Just as she's about to turn around and head outside, the mirror cracks. A large shard falls into her sink.

Dema shrieks, backing away from it. 

"What the-" Dema starts, peering at the broken mirror in the sink. She gasps, backing away as a shadow stares back at her. 

"You're strong." A penetrating voice echoed through the bathroom walls. 

"A hybrid of some sort." A different voice said. 

"You'll be of great use." The penetrating voice said, chuckling with delight. 

"That is if she lasts." The second voice laughed.

"You're not real," Dema mumbled, closing her eyes and covering her ears with her hands. 

"Let us in, little Redstone." The second voice singsonged. 

"No. I'm not like him-"

"But you are." The first voice said, matter-of-factly. "You're your father's daughter." The shadow circled her. 

"So naive... just like him." The second voice whispered in her ear. Dema shrieked, as she felt it's cold breath on her. "You're afraid of yourself. You think that by doing the right thing, then nothing will go wrong." 

"Leave the poor girl alone." The first voice mocked. "She's just following her father's steps. He tried to do the right thing too, and look where that took him."

"Such a waste... I pity you, Dema Reeves." The shadows circled around her, the second voice speaking. "So powerful, yet so ignorant."

"What do you mean?" Dema asked. 

"Your gift-" The first voice started.

"Gift?" Dema laughed. "It's a curse."

"Whatever you'd like to call it, darling." The first voice continued. "We weren't created for the greater good. We were just created to control and dispose of those who endanger our world's balance."

"You have the strength of one hundred vampires. You'd be unstoppable-" The second voice started.

"Yeah, until my body can't take the pain anymore."

"Well, everything comes with a price." The second voice mused. "Oh, but isn't it worth it?"

"You managed to get that tramp of a vampire off your immortal mate. Didn't it feel good?" The second voice whispered, the shadow caressing her cheeks.

"No, I could have hurt Bella or the pack." Dema stepped back. "Stop messing with my head. Alice is just a friend, she'd never-"

"Ah, so you admit he's your mate." The first voice exclaimed triumphantly.