11.

Scars.

Tuesday, 5:24 pm.

Emily's house.

3 days until battle.

Dema paced around Emily's living room as she explained everything to the pack. She told them about her dad, her bloodline, Jasper's encounter with Redstone and the connection with her nightmares, visions and bite marks. She even explained that she's supposed to make a choice and that choosing to be a child of Wraith would end, pretty much, in a death sentence.

"That's everything." Dema breathed out. She tried to catch her breath as she just blurted out everything in less than a minute.

"That's so..." Seth started quietly. "...cool!" He exclaimed jumping up. Dema smiled at him, a little relieved. She turned back at the rest of the pack, especially Sam.

They all stayed quiet. Sam frowned, staring down at the floor in thought. Jacob stared blankly at her, while Leah glared at her. Paul glanced at Sam every few seconds, waiting for his reaction. Embry, Quil, and Jared were sprawled around the couch, amused with everything.

"I know I lied to you, and I-I'm sorry. I just- I thought you'd hate me like how you hate the Cullens..." She explained, her voice cracking. "If you want me out of the pack, I'll understand," Dema said softly. Even Leah's glare subsided. "I'm not even an official member-"

"No, you're not," Sam spoke up. Dema's heart dropped. "You're family." Sam stood up, smiling slightly at her. "No matter what side you choose."

"You're part of the tribe. You're part of us, now." Paul said, a reassuring smile on his face.

"You're not alone," Quil said, agreeing with Paul.

"Magic's on our blood, Dema," Jacob said. "It doesn't matter if you can't shapeshift. That's not the point of being in the pack. The point is being able to protect, to make a change, and doing it." He spoke like a true leader as he approached his cousin. "The question is, are you willing to put the innocent before yourself? Are you willing to risk your own life for others?"

"I am." Dema nodded, a determined look on her face as she looked into Jacob's eyes. "I thought, if I'm already cursed, then to hell with it, I can use it for the greater good,"

"Well, that settles it," Sam clapped his hands. "Welcome to the pack."

Dema gasped softly. Paul grabbed her by the waist, spinning around in excitement. Everyone cheered, Leah with a small smile as Paul put Dema down.

"You're serious?" Dema smiled at Sam. He nodded. Her face dropped, as she contemplated it. "Why?" She asked. "I'm not like you. I'm dangerous, unstable. I could end up like my dad-"

"But, you won't" Sam interrupted her. "The wolf inside you won't allow it."

"I lied to you. How can you trust me?"

"Easy," Embry said, standing up. "We can hear your thoughts, little D."

"But-"

"Let it go." Leah snapped at her. "You're in. Enjoy." Leah said, sending her the smallest smile.

"She needs a tattoo." Jared pointed out.