No. 4

In Mau's  peripheral view, she saw something moved.

Have you ever had the reaction, where your mind was telling you to do one thing, yet, your body did the exact opposite? Well,that’s what happened to her.

She didn’t know why, but her mind was telling her  to just walk away, to ignore it, and yet, her body moved on its own. Mau slowly turned her full attention towards the kitchen. The air begins to get thick and cold.

Did Yhannie turn on the air conditioner?  

SNIP

SNIP

SNIP

Odd. What is it that?

SNIP

SNIP

SNIP

Didn't dare to enter, Mau chose to let her eyes scanned the dimmed room. Nothing’s in there. I must have heard it wrong. She turned her back when…

SNIP

SNIP

SNIP

The strange sound was back again. She looked back and saw nothing, or is it? One moment it was empty and the next moment, it was there. Or rather she was there. On top of the kitchen counter, sat a little girl. She was wearing a frilly white tattered dress. Her skin was pale closed to paper grey. Her black long curly hair was in a mess covering her whole face. She was holding a pair scissors? A very old looking scissors that was covered in rust.

This must be the girl Tifa was talking about and what’s with the scissors?

“Hey there, what’s your name?” Mau asked in a soothing voice but daren’t to approach her. Her instincts told her not to.

SNIP

SNIP

SNIP

Was the sound it made.

“Did you came in on your own?”  She didn’t answered and continued to ignore her. What a strange kid.

SNIP

SNIP

SNIP

“Are you somehow lost? I can help you find your mom” Mau offered.

The little girl stopped making any movements for a couple of minutes. It’s really getting cold. Mau hugged herself as she continues to watch the girl unmoving. Damn, Yhannie for turning on the air conditioner!

The little girl then slowly jumped from the counter top making no sound upon landing and started walking. She was making some strange muffling sound. The warning bells are ringing in Mau's ears telling her to run for it.  The little girl raised the rusty old scissors on her mouth.

SNIP

A sudden chill runs through her spine and her heart beat picked up its rhythm. Her feet and knees began to tremble. Cold sweat runs on her forehead, by now Mau's holding her breath. There is something unusual about her.

The little girl stop dead. Her head scream for her to run.

 Ever so slowly, she raises her head.

 With trembling legs Mau backed up slowly, her eyes wide and never leaving the girl. Her heart was beating erratically, the air is closing in. Oh my----

RUN MAU!!! her mind screamed.

Her eyes grew even wider when she took in her appearance. What the---???

The girl's lips have these stiches on them. Her dead grey eye peered through her messy hair, the rusty scissors was still in her hand. She made a short giggling sound, a very inappropriate sound for a little girl. Especially for a little girl. She raised her hand that was holding those pair of scissors above her head, muttered some words and then…she launched at her.