No.39

Chill ran down my spine as I look at the blasted painting.

"Why on earth is our faces in there?!"

Her voice drifted into nothingness as I took four steps forward, focused on the object right before me. It really is us. I couldn't even ask myself of how it got in there considering all the "abnormal" things that has had happened to us in the last few days. My own eyes looking right back at me is as eerily and creepy as hell.

"What the fuck is this again? and I thought we could breathe for a while after the exploding thing a while ago"

I was pulled back not a moment too soon when something from her remark caught my attention. I whirl and took a hurried step towards her and grabbed her by the arm walking as fast as I could towards Yhannie who's still on the phone.

"You guys, wait here!"

"Kim where---" "Hold u----"

I ran outside of the house to confirm my suspicions. Why didn't I noticed it before. I ran outside passing the houses our neighbors. Ran towards the porches and peered through the glass windows. I repeated the same course two to three times more.

Heart racing, breathing rapid, I try to stay calm and logical about everything. But, fuck! nothing has been logical ever since the move!! I ran back towards our house, back to my friends.

"What--What's wrong?" a worried Mau asked.

"I thought it was just normal...like its a how this place is..peaceful..quite...but no it's not...no wonder I find it strange....no one...no one..."

"Hold up! Hold up! I don't understand. Say it cle----"

"Don't you get it?!"I walked pacing back and forth clutching my head. Why didn't I noticed it sooner?

"Kim, hey, hey!!!"

Mau grabbed both my arms to face her. Anxiety, fear, passed through her eyes.

"Inexplicable things happened to us. We ran frantically the day we moved. Loud noises in our house. A blasted explosion occurred. Think about it?"

I couldn't put much into words. I just hoped she would be able to understand. Logic and illogical ideas has been passing in my mind for god knows how many times. I stared at her confused eyes.

"There is no one."

"What no---" her scrunched eye brows suddenly ceased. She understood.

"Hearing a blast like that? all the commotion that has happened. The denizens here should have heard about it! Police should be here checking up on us. But, there's no one. "

"What the hell?!"

"Christ! why didn't I noticed it sooner?!"

"Are you sure? Are you completely sure that there's no one?"

"I checked some houses. There's furniture and stuff but it looks like no one has ever live there. Heck! no one ever lives here except us!!"

"And Tifa!"

I stopped short, Mau too. She said something pivotal and she knows it. With wide eyes we looked at Yhan. She's still standing phone on her ear but her attention was else where. On the farthest of the wall with its titled head and translucent complexion. Her feet not touching the ground, her dead eyes looking at us. She slowly drifted forward.

Mau tugged Yhannie's shirt and we moved backward slowly. The pain that we were feeling became dull as we move slowly eyes not leaving the recent intruder.

This intruder we met once.

The same intruder we met at Tifa's.

The ghost of the old lady.