Anger

On the summer of our first year together, we went to the beach with our friends. One afternoon, we were sitting in the sand watching the sunset. We're talking about sweet nothings. That was one of the happiest day of my life. I remember everything like it was just yesterday.

We were laughing and then suddenly he stopped and looked at me seriously. He asked me how much I love him. I said I love him so much that I would die if he left me. He said "You wouldn't die, cause I would never leave you. We will be together forever. My love for you is like the universe, it's infinite." I questioned him about the infinity of the universe, but he cut me off and said that it's not the right time to argue with him about the infinity of the universe. He also said that he can't think of anything that time of a metaphor for infinite, plus he believes that the universe is infinite.

That particular memory is so vivid that I can still hear him saying "I would never leave you". Since that day, I held on to those words. I held on to his promise that he would never leave me. I really believed that he would never leave me, that we will be together forever.

But why did he left me? Why did he broke his promise? Doesn't he know that I still need him? That I need him forever? WHY?!

Yes, I'm angry at him for leaving me. I'm angry at him for breaking his promise.

I know that I shouldn't be angry at him. I know that he didn't want to die. Yes he died.

We're on our way to the beach, that one that I've told you about, to celebrate our fifth year together. He was driving when suddenly a truck came crashing on us. We were rushed to the hospital but they said that he was dead on arrival.

I'm angry at that truck driver for being so reckless. I'm angry at the doctors who failed to save him. I'm angry to the people who give sympathy when they don't know how much pain I'm having. I'm angry at God because he took away the most important thing in my life.

But most of all, I'm angry at him. For dying and leaving me. For making me love him so much and then leave me in a snap. For teaching me to live and be happy with him. How can I live and be happy now that he's gone?!