Double Trouble

The lake; there’s really no way to describe how it is. Lizz and I had so many memories. Our first kiss, our first swim together, lots. Now here we are again, swimming, no clothes, as usual. It was a nice day out. A typical spring day for us; sunny, warm, and a nice breeze so it’s not too hot. We swim for a while then get out and let the sun dry us. Once we were warm, and probably tan, we spread out a blanket and start eating the lunch we packed; chips and sandwiches with now warm sodas.

         Once stuffed with chips, carbonation, and ham we lay, together, in the sun. Well, make out would be a better verb. Things were getting hot, very hot, and I don’t mean because of the sun, when we hear footsteps across the gravel. I whisper to Lizz, “Hurry, get your shirt back on.” but she had it on before I got the whole sentence out. Then we sit and wait to be ticketed for public indecently. But who slithered out of the brush was the last two people we ever expected to see. Danny and Trent.

         Few things you need to know about them. One: way back when, when Lizz hadn’t come out yet, she dated Danny. He broke her and I was the one who put her back together. I never forgave that fucker for it and neither did she. And Trent, well his only fault, that I know of anyways, is that he’s best friends with Danny. Hmm…I guess that’s really all you need to know.

         The second I saw them, I knew what they wanted. And how bad she was shaking, Lizz did too. I pull her behind my back and stand protectively in front of her as they walked toward us.

        “Get the hell outta here, Danny. I’ll call the cops, so help I will.” he just laughs a loud and they keep walking toward us.

         “Hey, hey now, we’re all civil here, right?”

            “We’re civil,” I point to Lizz and I then continue in the same breath, “but I ‘m not sure pigs can really act civil. Wait, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that. That was so offensive to pigs everywhere.” Lizz giggles and I smirk as their smiles disappear. Even though Danny was twice maybe three, even four times bigger then me, I could kick his ass. I have in the past. He knew it too, that’s the only reason he had Trent with him. I knew he knew by the fear in his eyes. My smirk got wider, “Hey so how’s ‘bout you take Trent and skit, mkay?” but he was playing tough, bad ass. My smirk fades as he bellows out his deep throated laugh and starts stalking toward us again. I back up and whisper to Lizz, “Run! Now!” and without hesitation she turns and runs, full speed in the opposite direction of us.