Mamma

Hiro's POV

We boarded our train to the city, it would be a while before we actually got to the city; so Zero Two packed a lunch for us.

Hiro: "This is really good...thanks, darling." I exclaimed, munching on some rolled egg.

Zero Two: "Only the best for my darling!" Zero Two replied, smiling with the chopsticks still in her mouth.

We sat on the train and gazed at the ever-changing scenery around us, we watched as the pleasant forests turned into suburban sprawls. Zero Two gasped in excitement when she saw the train station. Looking at her, I chuckled.

Hiro: "It's not that interesting you know." I explained, looking at the oddly shaped terminals

Zero Two: "I've never been on a train! Let alone one this high class!" Zero Two replied, her mouth agape with excitement.

When we stepped off the train platform and into the city centre, I held her hand as I navigated through the crowded plaza. Making our way to a small, on the corner, café; I caught aight if a woman looking strangely like Zero Two. She had the long, pink hair, and the same green eyes.

Zero Two: "Mamma!" I heard Zero Two cry out, as she ran to the woman.

Mamma: "Zero Two dear...I've missed you so much!" The woman exclaimed, tiny tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

Zero Two laughed and smiled as she buried her face in her mother's jacket and hugged her tightly. Catching sight of my slight smile, Zero Two's mother walked up to me and extended her soft-looking hand.

Mamma: "It's nice to see you again Hiro...thank you so much for taking care of my daughter."

Hiro: "O-oh, it was nothing! Don't worry about it, you looked after me when I was a kid so it's okay!" I nervously replied, a little sheep appearing on my face.

Zero Two's mother laughed as she stroked her daughter, who was still buried in her jacket.

Mamma: "You haven't changed at all since I last saw you..." She sighed, pulling Zero Two off of her. "Now...why don't we have some fun?" She asked.

Zero Two: "Yep!" Zero Two replied grinning.

I took her hand as we walked along the narrow streets and large, crowded, high streets. We looked at clothes, jewellery, and all sorts of things meant for a white day. By the time I looked at my watch, it was already two-thirty.

Hiro: "Yikes! It's already two-thirty?" I exclaimed, peering at my watch to see if it wasn't broken. "Zero Two, we should get moving to my house, remember we're having lunch right?" I announced, waving over to the two ogling at one of the white dresses.

Seeing the white dress, I gripped the box in my hand tightly and sighed a little. Skipping over to me, Zero Two took my hand and motioned for her mother to come along. As we walked into the suburban areas of the city, I began to recognize the narrow streets and side streets that I used to frequent.

Zero Two: "Your neighbourhood is really nice..." Zero Two exclaimed, looking at the pristine houses.

Hiro: "It's nothing special" I replied, smiling at her.

Mamma: "Reminds me of when we used to live here, remember Zero Two?" Zero Two's mother explained, smiling at her daughter.

Zero Two: "It feels nostalgic in a way..." Zero Two replied, glancing skyward.

We walked along, talking about how our lives were, now that we shared a room; and joked about how the dance had gone. Soon, we approached the gate to my house and I held open the door for the two of them.

Hiro: "Here we are, welcome to my home!" I announced, only to hear the door opening behind me.

From behind, I saw my mother and father exit the doorway, along with my little sister: Kaori. The first thing they set their eyes on was the young girl with red horns.

Mom: "Dear...look!" My mother exclaimed

Dad: "I know...she's changed so much, ever since that crash." My father agreed.

Hiro: "Mom, Dad, Kaori, Zero Two and I are home now." I announced, only to see that Zero Two's mother had tears streaming down her face.

Mamma: "It's been too long, Marie..." Zero Two's mother exclaimed, walking up to hug my mother.

Mom: "How've you been Kaguya..." My mother replied, squeezing the middle-aged woman tightly.

Remembering that they had known each other for a while, Zero Two and I laughed a little. Noticing that our hands were interlocked; my father walked up to me.

Dad: "You've chosen a fine young woman, son. She perfect for you." My father exclaimed. "Alright, it's time..." my father then added, giving me a nudge.

Zero Two: "Time for what? Cake?" Zero Two asked, leaning her head to one side.

Hiro: "No..." I replied, bending down onto one knee.

Both our mothers gasped in disbelief, only my Kaori didn't know what was going on.

Hiro: "Zero Two...will you marry me?" I asked, confidently, opening the small box to reveal a silver ring with a diamond inside.

Zero Two held her hands to her mouth as she attempted to figure out what was going on. Tear formulating, and streaming down her rosy cheeks, she nodded silently and held out her hand. Slipping on the ring, her mother held her hands over her mouth, as she tried to stifle her tears.

Zero Two: "I love you, darling..." Zero Two spoke, softly.

Hiro: "I love you too, darling..." I replied, equally as soft.

I kissed her as both of our mothers stifled their tears. From behind me, I felt Kaori grasp my leg.

Kaori: "Am I going to have another sister?" She asked, to which Zero Two leaned down.

Zero Two: "Yep! I'm gonna be your big sister now!" She announced.

My father walked up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

Dad: "Let's hope you can keep those grades up huh, son." He joked.

With that, we all moved inside; and took our places at the table. Lunch was made especially by Zero Two's mother and my own mother; to our surprise. Walking into my room, I whipped Zero Two around; and kissed her. Our lips were connected for about a minute before I heard our names being called.

Zero Two: "Iota..." Zero Two muttered before we left. "Iota is my real name, it was given to me by my papa..." She then added.

Shocked to hear this, I put one hand on her face.

Hiro: "Would you like me to call you Iota or Zero Two?" I asked, hugging her.

Iota: "Iota...because when you say it, I feel warm inside..." Iota answered.

Hiro: "Don't worry Iota, I'll protect you..."