Euphoria

Hiro's POV

Today was finally the day of the dance. Classes ended, and people were all moving like packs of wolves trying to get to their respective groups for the dance. Unlike everyone else, I decided it would be good for me to take a walk to the nearby park.

Hiro: "What a day..." I exclaimed, gazing at the deep blue sky. The sun was starting to go down and, looking closely, I could see tiny white specs of light in the sky.

As I stopped to marvel the sky, I felt a tiny tap on my shoulder. Turning around, Goro, Futoshi, Mitsuru, and Zorome were grinning wildly at me.

Hiro: "What's up guys?" I asked, walking with them.

Goro: "We have a surprise for you, it's for the dance." Goro explained, opening the door to the dorms.

Zorome: "You're gonna love it, Hiro!" Zorome blurted, laughing afterwards.

Futoshi: "Yeah! We think it'll be great for you" Futoshi added.

Mitsuru: "Can someone tell me why I was dragged here too?" Mitsuru asked, smiling a little.

Entering Goro's room, I saw a line of tuxedos on a makeshift coat rack. Most of the tuxedos were black but with there own little addition made to them by all the guys. Looking at the one designated for me, I saw a blue rose and a deep blue bow tie attached to it.

Hiro: "You really went all out this time didn't you?" I exclaimed, feeling the high-quality material on the jacket.

Goro: "We live a classy life, you know?" Goro replied, raising his hands in acceptance.

Futoshi: "One thing's for sure, I think we'll look damn good..." Futoshi admitted, laughing afterwards.

The feeling of euphoria was beginning to set in for us guys as, we slipped into our tuxedos, styled ourselves, and sprayed on cologne. Looking in Goro's mirror, I could see that the blues on my tuxedo defined the colour of my eyes to that of an ocean blue. Inhaling on last breath, I set out with the guys to meet the girls and have dinner.

Zero Two's POV

It was the afternoon, and classes had just ended, I was talking with Ichigo about what we'd do at the dance when we were approached by Kokoro, Ikuno, and Miku.

Miku: "Hey you guys! Let's go get ready already!" Miku suggested.

Ichigo: "Why now? We have quite a while until the dance actually starts. Plus, we're supposed to be meeting the boys beforehand so we can go and eat dinner. " Ichigo argued.

Ikuno: "We know but, we want to see what we'll look like in our dresses." Ikuno added.

Thinking for a little, Ichigo looked to me and nodded.

Ichigo: "You know what? Why not?" She finally said, standing up.

Zero Two: "Sounds like fun!" I added.

Moving out of the classroom, I could see the numerous groups of students sorting out final details on their evening, or asking other students last minute to be their date for the dance.

Zero Two: A Date...I thought.

Walking along the bridge of the school, I could see Hiro strolling casually near the pond. Kokoro, seeing me staring at Hiro smiled and poked me.

Kokoro: "Make your move tonight!" She whispered, to which a bright red blush appeared on my face.

Zero Two: "I'll try...I guess..." I muttered, still captivated by the black-haired boy.

Kokoro giggled and carried on walking. Reaching Miku's room, Miku opened the door to reveal numerous dresses for us to try, all tailored to us separately.

Ikuno: "Wow, Miku...I didn't know you had this kind of money..." Ikuno exclaimed, running her fingers along with the silk dresses.

Miku: "My dad has a bit of money to splurge every now and then." Miku bragged, smiling.

Looking at all the dresses, I tried to imagine myself dancing in them, with Hiro. Looking at each one individually, a deep crimson red dress caught my eye. Noticing my eyes, Miku took it off the rack and handed it to me.

Miku: "I admit, you'd look beautiful in this dress." Miku concluded.

Taking the dress, I smiled in thanks and rushed to get ready. By the time we were all finished, the sun was almost down, and we were all lined up at the door of the dorm. Ichigo was sporting an oceanic blue dress, accompanied by a blue purse, Miku decided to try out a forest green dress matched with a purse to match her hair colour, Ikuno was clad in black with a dazzling dress, and matching purse, Kokoro had gone for the pure approach and had wrapped herself in white for the occasion with a matching purse. I was wearing the crimson red dress, and I had the matching purse as well.

Kokoro: "We all look so beautiful!" Kokoro exclaimed, pulling out her phone. "Let's take a picture to commemorate this!" She added.

Squeezing in the photo frame, just; she snapped the picture and smiled. Walking out of the dorm doors, we instantly caught sight of the boys.

Ikuno: "Here are your Prince Charming's ladies, your knights in shining armour!" Ikuno announced, gazing at the elite looking group.

Setting my sights on Hiro, his eyes seemed to penetrate through the darkness. As he made eyes contact with me, it felt like my heart was going to jump out for joy. When he gazed at me more thoroughly, his mouth dropped slightly. Walking up to each other, we each found our partner for the night.

Hiro: "I didn't expect you to look so good..." Hiro exclaimed, only to be met with my blush.

Zero Two: "Darling...I always look good." I gloated, raising an eyebrow and leaning down slightly. "You look amazing yourself, you know. I almost didn't recognize you in that." I continued.

Hiro: "Goro and the guys picked it out for me...they obviously have a way with tuxes." Hiro explained, scratching his head sheepishly.

Zero Two: "Yes they do..." I muttered, looking at Hiro's physique. He was well-formed, a nice strong upper torso, with the legs to compliment it.

Realizing that I was staring, Hiro leaned down and smiled.

Hiro: "Ready to go?" He asked, holding out his arm.

My heart fluttered for a second and, after regaining my composure, I interlocked my arm with his.

Zero Two: S-So C-Close...I thought, my mind going to all sorts of places.

Looking around, I could see most of the girls and some of the boys either blushing or looking sheepish. Realizing that I wasn't alone with this feeling, I relaxed a little and rested my head on Hiro's jacket. It was warm, and I could feel his ever-increasing heartbeat.

Zero Two: He couldn't feel the same about me could he?