Prelude to Ecstasy

Hiro's POV

That night, I decided to wander around the hospital a bit to get myself moving again; when I ran into Kokoro and Zero Two. Stopping their conversation Kokoro and Zero Two, walked over to me.

Kokoro: "Hiro? Why aren't you asleep already?" Kokoro asked, leaning her head to one side.

Hiro: "I couldn't sleep..." I admitted, with a sheepish look on my face.

Zero Two, who hadn't spoken a word since earlier on, took my hand and started pulling.

Zero Two: "Let's go for a walk!" She then demanded, stringing me along.

Giving Kokoro a blissful smile, Zero Two pulled me away to a nearby cherry blossom tree. Gazing upon the wonder of nature, I felt at ease; like the whole world was at peace. I looked at Zero Two, who was also marveling at the tree; her hair was lifted by the wind, and she looked picturesque as the moonlight fell upon her. Catching me staring, she winked at me and sauntered up to me.

Hiro: "Sorry about today, it's only been a day since we met and I've already given you lots of trouble..." I explained, looking down slightly.

Zero Two: "You should be!" Sreplied, giving me a smirk.

I laughed at how the day had gone, it felt like forever.

Hiro: "Thank you for coming to get me earlier, and for sitting with me." I said, smiling for a while.

She blushed a little, and soon goro appeared out of the darkness.

Goro: "You seem to be in better health, I'm glad." He concluded, stretching his arms. "I just came to say that your results came back, you should be able to be discharged by tomorrow," He explained, "Which means you'll be at school for the dance I presume?" He asked, looking at Zero Two, who was staring at the sky.

Getting his meaning, I blushed and nodded.

Goro: "Good, we guys have some planning to do so come meet with us tomorrow, in my room" he recommended.

Hiro: "Right!" I agreed. "Zero Two? I'm heading to bed now, so I'll see you in the morning." I explained, waving her goodnight.

Hiro: I remember now...a girl, with pink hair...I used to play with her as a child I think, until one day...the car crash happened. Green eyes...I thought, to which I opened my eyes only to see, the same green eyes staring at me.

Zero Two: "Wake up darling, we've gotta get to the school! Nana-senpai is waiting for you!" Zero Two explained, helping me up.

Hiro: "Oh...okay, I'll be downstairs in a minute." I replied, scratching my head.

As she left the room, she pivoted around.

Zero Two: "You look so adorable when you sleep darling!" she announced.

I spluttered as she laughed and exited the room.

Zero Two's POV 

After leaving the room, I met up with Kokoro who was talking to Mitsuru. They waved as I arrived and continued their conversation. Walking around the building, I saw Miku and Ikuno.

Miku: "Ooh, what should I do Ikuno! I just know Zorome is going to ask me, but I know Alpha's going to ask me too!" Miku exclaimed, shifting from left to right on her feet.

Ikuno: "I'm not really the best for this...ah Zero Two, can you help Miku?" Ikuno asked as I waved.

Zero Two: "Sure, what's up?" I asked,

Miku: "I know it's only been two days since we met but i need boy advice!" Miku pleaded, grasping my hands.

I laughed as I prepared an answer,

Zero Two: "Well...do you like Zorome more than that Alpha guy?" I asked, only to be met with a shocked look from Miku.

Miku: "Well...I guess...kinda" Miku mumbled, twiddling her little thumbs.

Zero Two: "Then that answer is obvious! Choose Zorome!" I concluded.
Miku looked around the building to see if Zorome was there then, answered.

Miku: "F-Fine...but how do I go about asking him?" she asked, pointing her finger to her mouth.

Zero Two: "Just give him hints that he'll understand" I recommended, smiling.

Ikuno: "You make this seem easy Zero Two..." Ikuno added. "Have you done this before?" she continued.

Miku: "Y-yeah! How is it so easy for you!" Miku agreed.

I smiled sheepishly as they leaned in more and more.

Ikuno: "Ah...but wait, what about Hiro?" she asked, leering at me a little.

Hearing his name, I looked down and blushed. Getting the answer they wanted, Miku slung her arm around me.

Miku: "Well now we're in this together!" Miku announced, smiling.

Zero Two: "I guess so..." I mumbled. I haven't told him anything yet...and I have to share a room with him! I thought, before I was interrupted.

Miku: "Earth to Zero Two. Do you read?" Miku asked waving her hand in front of my face.

Zero Two: "O-Oh, sorry Miku, I was spacing out a little" I admitted.

Miku & Ikuno: "Well we know that!" they both exclaimed in unison.

Miku: "It's Hiro isn't it? You're totally head over heels for him!" Miku announced.

As she did so, I could here rapid footsteps fading away. I turned around to look, only to see a flash of dark blue hair.

Ikuno: "That can't be good. Well done Miku." Ikuno sighed,

Zero Two: "Ichigo..." I exclaimed, staring at the girl running away,

Hiro's POV

The following weeks went by like lightning, I studied hard, and got a chance to do a lot of things with Zero Two and the gang, such as camping, going to the mall, and eating at restaurants. After those short weeks, the day of the dance arrived...