𝐂𝐡 ₈ 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬...𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?

"The truth is, I'm scared to be your friend, because I'm always going to want more. But then I got to thinking that I would rather have you in my life as a friend than not at all… You know that's a lie too.” -Kristen Corley

- 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 -

ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ....

"Ash..." My father said and we all looked at him.

"Yes sir?" Ashs aid confused.

"How about you and I have our own little battle?" My father says and Ash looks more excited rather than nervous now.

"Yeah sure! That would be great!" He said.

"There is one last thing though, if I win...Mackenzie travels alone. If you win...you get to travel with my daughter." He said and we all gasped. I rolled my eyes at the dramatics and take a step further.

"I don't need Ash to battle for me, I rather battle for myself." I say as I glare at my father.

"Sorry pumpkin, but I want to see if this boy is really worth it." My father said as he never took his eyes off Ash. What did he mean by that? I shook my head and stood in front of Ash with my back to me father.

"You don't have to do this ridiculous battle." I said but Ash smirked.

"What are you afraid I might lose?" Ash chuckled and I rolled my eyes but I couldn't help but smile.

"I have faith in you...I just don't want him pressuring you to do something that you don't have to." I said biting down on my lip nervously.

Ash nods and looks at my father. "I'll do it." He says. Oh Ash...what have you gotten yourself into...

I wanted to do a lot of things today. I wanted to show how good I could milk a Miltank. I wanted to show the others some more of my Pokemon. I wanted to probably take a good two hour nap.

Instead...I'm siting here with my head in my hands, debating on how ridiculous this day has gotten. My father and Ash were just about to start the battle...and I was beyond nervous.

Ash may be good at battling, and have a lot of experience....but so does my dad. I'm still regretting letting Ash battle my father.

What is the point? My dad wants to see if Ash is worth it? Worth what? Why didn't he ask Clemont? Or Serena. Maybe the little bonding time my dad had with Clemont made him trust Clemont...and now it was Ash's turn.

Ash decided to use Pikachu in the battle...I wonder who my dad was going to choose. He does have a lot of Pokemon.

"Wait until you meet my Pokemon." My father chuckles and throws a Pokeball. Out comes his Rhydon and I facepalm. He couldn't make it easy for Ash.