𝐂𝐡 ₇ 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

"There is no home like the one you've got
'Cause that home belongs to you." -Jenny Lewis

- 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 -

...........

It was time to get up, but I was not looking forward to it. I counted the amount of movements it would take for me to get out of bed and it seemed like too many, so I just stayed laying down.

Eevee was jumping on my back trying her best to wake me up but I just had no motivation. Every morning back when I was at home I had to be up before dawn. I am SOOOO taking advantage of waking up late now.

I let my mind wonder, as I tried to think of a way to approach the situation at hand. I'm still pretty upset with my parents, but I don't want the others to notice the awkward situation. I want them to have a good time while they're at the sanctuary.

I slowly got out of bed and got ready for the day. I was scared to look in the mirror when I first got up, because I knew I looked horrible. I only got a few hours of sleep last night due to the fact that, I was stressing about going home. I could literally feel the heavy dark bags under my eyes, and I knew I must of been extremely pale.

Nothing a little hot morning shower could help relieve some stress. I finished getting ready and once I saw myself in the mirror I could tell a major difference. (Outfit in the media)

Eevee and I made it the cafeteria and she immediately ran towards the others. I literally dragged myself, because I was not in the mood for their eager hyperness this morning.

"Hey Mackenzie! Are you ready for today?" Bonnie asked her usually hyper self and I wanted to wince at the loud volume but I kept a calm composure and just shrugged.

"What's wrong? You don't seem so excited." Serena mentioned as I notice her stare me down. I sighed and just rested my head on the table where everyone was eating but me.

"Didn't get the best sleep." I barely mumbled, which was sort of true.

"Aren't you excited to see your parents?" Clemont asked and I tried so hard not to roll my eyes. I decided to tell them the truth, no more lying.

I sat up slowly and sighed once more before looking at everyone. "The truth is my parents and I got into an argument before I met up with you guys in Santalune City." I said. The table grew quiet as everyone looked at me awkwardly like not knowing what to say.

"What happened?" Ash was the first to speak up and I couldn't help but let out a bitter laugh. I mean he was the reason my father was upset with me. I don't blame him, but he is the topic. I couldn't say the full truth though, it would only make things awkward. How could I put this into words?