[]Chapter 3[]

The very next morning I awoke to find Tony fumbling around in the kitchen, looking for something. "Need some help?" I asked, rubbing my eyes tiredly. I had a headache that could kill an elephant. OK, I'm good with never doing this again. I thought.

"No. Irrelevant question: where's the toaster?" Stark questioned. I chuckled. 

"Don't have one," I replied, laughing. He opened his mouth, likely to ask another question, so I answered, "Yes I do eat toast. I make it like this.". I walked over to the counter with a piece of bread, and laid it onto the plate.

Once I was sure Tony was watching, I set it on fire, let me just add it was a blue flame, and it wasn't too hot. As soon as it turned golden brown, he grabbed it off the plate and stared at me strangely. I shrugged at him, exhausted. 

"What else can you do?" he asked, and I spit the sip of milk I just took out. 

"Anything including fire," I replied, astonished that he didn't find me completely crazy. Then again, he was Iron Man.

He continued to look at me funny. "I think you should meet the Avengers," he finally said.

I groaned and rubbed my head. "Why? And, can it wait? You know, until this whale of a headache dies?" I queried. He shook his head. 

"Because Fury needs to know about this, and it can't wait. Take some Aspirin and c'mon," he said, throwing the bottle of pills at me and dragging me towards the front door.

"Now wait a minute. At least let me get dressed," I replied smartly, still dressed in a tank top and some PJ pants. He nodded and let go of my arm.

As I changed, I grew worried. What was so important? I knew powers were an odd thing but it's not like I was going to kill someone. I glanced at the window, considering jumping out and making a run for it, but ruled it off as irrational. 

They just want to talk, Shania. Don't worry so much. My mind whispered. I nodded my head, and finished dressing. I brushed my hair out a little, and fixed my make up, then headed back to where Tony was waiting.

He opened the door, but I crossed my arms, leather jacket wrinkling to adjust. It was actually quite chilly today. "I want to know why I am being taken to see a team of super heroes. So what I can light things on fire? It's not like I'm a villain or a threat!" I argued.

Stark sighed. "Just trust me. Please?" he asked me, looking into my eyes. I cursed my spinelessness and walked out of the door. Tony closed it behind me.

I then remembered the cars. "Tony, your car is still at the club," I informed him. He cursed, then looked at me. 

"Don't you have a car?" he asked. I laughed.

"I have a motocycle," I replied. To my surprise, he looked weary. "Scared of a little bicycle?" I mused.

He shot me a paranoid look and followed me to my bike. I only had one helmet, so I offered it to Tony. Refusing to take it, I put it on my own head. Suit yourself. I personally think more people would care if you die however. 

Wearily, he climbed onto the seat behind me. I thought it was funny that he was scared of riding motorcycles, so I laughed in my head. "You better hold on, there is no back!" I told him, and he immediately grabbed on my waist. With his grip, I could tell he was completely terrified.

Hmm. A billionaire, with a robotic suit who fights villains nearly everyday, scared of a motorcycle. Remind me to look into this later. I thought to myself, but said nothing and pulled away from the curb.

I didn't think it could happen, but his grip actually got tighter as the speed rose. I patted his hand. "Don't worry! I've had this since I was sixteen! I promise we won't be in any accidents, so live on the wild side for a little bit!" I shouted over the wind, chuckling to myself at the fact I was saying this to Iron Man. His grip loosened slightly in response.

We weren't going anywhere fast, the streets of Manhatten were completely clogged. Rush hour. I growled to myself, annoyed that this couldn't have waited until I had eaten a proper breakfast and the streets had emptied slightly.

"Alright Tony. Well, you'll hate me but I get the idea this is urgent so...." I trailed off and pulled into the middle of the road, revving the engine and riding between the cars. What was the point of buying a motorcycle? This.

Thanks to my miraculous idea, we got to Stark Towers a lot faster. Seriously though, we saved about an hour of traffic. 

Tony was white when I finally stopped. I swung my leg over the seat, and onto the ground. I pulled him from the seat and patted his back. "See? Told ya you'd be fine," I told him proudly. He nodded and recovered. 

He headed into the tower, and I began following him but stopped. My same worries approached me again. Tony didn't seem to notice my absence.

Now's your chance, Shania. Get on that bike and get out of here. My heart hammered in my chest, but I turned from the skyscraper.

"Not today," I informed no one in particular, and hopped back onto my bike. I knew exactly where I was going, and I hoped I had enough time to get there. "Get ready to vanish, Shania," I told myself, and roared away from the sidewalk, Tony running out of the doors just in time to see me tear down the street. 

It was a shame actually. I liked Tony. I had trusted him with my secret and I was overly disappointed it had turned into this. What are you gonna do, Shania? My mind comforted me.

I sped over the Brooklyn Bridge (Thanks XxdressagequeenXx :D), and into the main city of New York, then started heading south. What better place to retreat to then the country-side? I had a house all set up for this specific purpose. 

A single tear dripped down my face, behind the visor of my helmet. It truly was sad, but I deserved it. I should've expected this. 

~<>~Background Story~<>~

Today was the night of the big game, and the cheersquad and I had been preparing for quite some time. I was extrodanarily excited. Unfortunately, something rained on my parade.

In chemistry, my lab partner mixed a few wrong ingrediants to our bottle, and the acidic mixture exploded in my face. I had no idea what he had added, but I was blessed, as some would say, with my new powers.

The doctors had discovered it as I lay in the hospital bed, recovering. The boils on my face were disappearing, fading. My body was healing itself. When they came over to investigate, they found a small candle flickering wildly by my bed side. My finger was in the flames, and no harm was coming to it.

I overheard them talking about making me into a lab experiment, so I escaped from the hospital in California and retreated to Manhatten, where I remainded undetected. Until today.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch out! We got a badass over here! xD Well anyway, my touch of drama. The next chapter is coming up immediately, because I'm so excited to write it.