[]Chapter 14[]

So....this is the end. No worries. ^^ The sequel will be coming out at the end of September with my other two projects.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

~<>~Steve's POV~<>~

After she left, I found myself at a loss on what to do next. My mind was completely handicapped as I silently mulled over the situation. There really seemed like there was little TO do, because this wasn't just one enemy. This was an organization, and it's power and influence was twice S.H.I.E.L.D.'s.

Shania had left with a grave face, and I knew that she had a plan. But deep down, I also knew that she realized I wouldn't like it. So, in simpler words, she was likely going to die in her plan.

The woman I loved was far more cunning then she let on, and I knew that, as I thought, it was in motion.

I didn't find out what it was until I got back to the Helicarrier.

"Our system's been hacked! A nuclear warhead is set to strike in minutes!" I heard someone scream as I walked into the chaos. So that was her plan.

I felt grim as I realized there was no getting Shania out of this one, so I sat back in my chair and I remained calm in the eye of the storm.

~<>~Shania's POV~<>~

Twenty minutes. I had to stall several thousand people for twenty minutes, and then it'd be over. I'd finally cut off the head of the beast that I failed to do last time.

On the outside, it meant my life. This simply isn't true.

Last night, while I had been touring H.U., I had discovered a lab, with a bottle labeled "Test A". Further along the line, a "Test B", and so on. All the way to Test Z.

What I did? Swallowed them all. Woke up in the morning with a sense of complete power, turns out it wasn't just a sense. I was all-powerful.

Instead of using my powers the rational way, I made a duplicate of myself. Of course, this duplicate was nothing but a shell, and looked completely different from me.

I hid the body far enough away, then returned. I used another new trick to hack the system of S.H.I.E.L.D. and sent the warhead at us. It was due to bury itself deep in the earth and destroy the beast in now just ten minutes.

It was, in a way, the end of my world. I remained surprisingly calm though. I was ready for this, after all. My plan pleased me.

I had left Steve a note in his room, telling him to meet me at the Statue of Liberty, around noon in a week. Hopefully he'd find it.

Cries from various people rose up as they finally saw my handy-work. I nodded to all of their accusations, even the ones I wasn't guilty of, just to keep them distracted.

Five minutes. By now I was being slapped, punched, kicked, bit, whatever and had everyone yelling at me to turn it off. I stayed in one place though, and repeated one word. "No."

Three minutes. People were desperate, and on their knees begging to live. I had locked all the doors from the outside before throwing this party.

Two minutes. Everyone was reasoning with me, pointing out how I would die too. I just shrugged at them, my mind on Steve.

One minute. They gave up, titling me the "Crazy Suicide Bitch." and went to prepare for death.

Thirty seconds. All was deadly quiet, as people sat before me on the floor. Panic was dead.

Five...four...three...two...as the timer hit one, my body disintegrated into ash, and my spirit drifted clear of the blast zone, and watched as the building erupted into flames. Below, I knew that everyone was dead.

All traces of that twisted place were destroyed, and I felt pleased with myself. The smoky form of my spirit shuffled its shoulders in delight, and I made my victorious way over to where my back-up body was being held. 

~<>~A Week Later~<>~

I sat with my legs crossed on the freezing park bench, unruly black hair waving like a banner in the chilly October wind. I pulled my sweat-shirt tighter and wondered if Steve had gotten my note. 

My doubts were settled as I saw the familiar face make it's way closer. I realized he would recognize me in this body, so I stood and screamed, "Steve!" over all the noise, so he could hear.

He raised a skeptical eye and walked over. "Do I know you?" he questioned wearily. 

"Of course you do. It's me, Shania," I informed him. Another skeptical look. I continued on to drone off facts that would prove that it was indeed, me, Shania, in just another form. As soon as he believed me, he pulled me into a tight hug.

"I thought you were dead," he murmured into my hair. I rubbed my slender hand up and down his back in a comforting gesture. 

"I know, and I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry I have to take on a new form too, but it's needed so the remains of H.U. don't track me down," I replied quietly.

Steve nodded. "I know." He stepped back, looking me over. "You're still beautiful, even in your new form."

I blushed. "Thanks." Now was not the time to inform him of my new powers. I still didn't know the complete limit yet, but we'd find out eventually. 

"Now let's head back to S.H.I.E.L.D., I need to talk to Director Fury," I piped, after a moment of silence. Steve agreed and took my hand, leading me towards the motorcycle. Hurray automotive transportation!

~<>~Back At S.H.I.E.L.D.~<>~

"Well we'll obviously still have you on the team, but you'll need a new name and outfit," Fury informed me, as we sat at the table in the cafeteria.

I nodded, and took a large swig of Dr. Pepper. "Go ahead," I gave my permission to give me his idea on my costume and title.

"Well, I have thought about it, and have decided to figure a name out after we figure out what exactly you can do. So in other words, go talk to Banner and return with a list."

~<>~An Hour Later~<>~

"Shania, the tests are done, and I'm pretty sure we should be worried," Bruce called from across the room. I jogged over.

"What is it?" I questioned, concerned.

"Well, the biggest of your new powers is the ability to decide who deserves to live, and who deserves to die. This isn't an automatic thing, you have to make it very clear you want this person dead. On the other hand, you could save a life. Again, it'd need to be clear."

"So what's the problem?" 

"It means that you aren't just another superhero. You are Judgement, the ultimate decider of life and death. It is your job to maintain balance between the two, and you cannot let personal matters or irrational decisions affect your choices."

I nodded solemnly. "I understand." Turning from that subject, I asked, "So what else can I do?" 

"Everything you had before the swap, as well as the addition of flight, invisibility, and the ability to charm."

"What's this about the ability to charm?"

"If you look someone in the eyes long enough, you can impose your will on them. Again, this is something you need to use rationally."

Another nod from me, and I bounded off to inform Fury.

After I told him the whole story, he remained quiet. He thought for a bit on this, and then turned to me. 

"You will be known as Judgement."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That, my friends, is the end of Pyromaniacs. I just realized how much I realllllllyyyy want to write the next book however, so I'll probably get it published by the end of today or tomorrow. 

~Wolfsbane